28 | ❝i truly felt like a frog with a pretty dress before we kissed.❞

Start from the beginning

yes, you are.

you don't get it. me and lewis are friends. and then we kissed and it ruins everything.

can i be honest?

sure.

if you could just see how he was looking at you. it was almost like you were the centre of his universe or something overly cliché dramatic shit like that.

do you feel anything for him, raylee?

i don't think-

do. you. feel. something- anything. for him?

uh, i don't know. maybe.

you found this out when you kissed?

it's just a stupid little crush. he's lewis leclercq, world famous. he can literally pick anyone he wants. i don't think it's me.

stupid, dumb girl.

i'm serious.

yeah yeah. just see where it all goes, okay? things will happen if you're meant to be.

god, you know what?

hm?

i truly felt like a frog with a pretty dress before we kissed. and when it was over, i felt like a princess, you know?

"awh. you've never been a frog, ray. you've always been a princess.

thank you, sandra. but i'm actually a coward. he knocked on my door several times to check if everything was alright. i don't know if i can manage to look him in the eyes without hugging the shit out of him.

then call him.

. . .

that's what you two have basically been doing for about a month now, right?❞ 

right.

then do that. call him even though you're in the same house.

i'll try that. thanks.

anytime, ray.

what have you been up to?

i was just on a . . . date.

. . .

. . .

it wasn't because of me you were crying. am i right?

yes.

god, are you okay? do you want to talk about it?

no thank you. another time, maybe?

of course. anything you want.

thank you, ray. i appreciate it that you understand.

always.

yes. always.❞ 

❞