31 | ❝are you kidding? i felt like christopher wilde!❞

raylee | lewis

raylee | lewis

hey, i couldn't call before, but i'm home now. well, i have been for the two days. thank you for a nice weekend.

no problem. hey raylee?

hm?

did you have any problems with . . . people?

oh, you mean your fans? they just wanted my autograph, haha.

seriously?

uh, yep.

oh. they didn't bother you too much, then?

are you kidding me? i felt like christopher wilde!

who's that?

you know, starstruck?

. . . uh.

i don't think i can look at you anymore.

that's too bad, not many can do that. well, i hope your mom isn't angry with me or anything.

quite contrary. she is ecstatic. her swedish boyfriend, lucas, saw it as a good idea that i was away and decided to propose to her. so now they're getting . . . married.

you okay?

uh, yeah. or, no. i don't know. it's just weird, you know? she's marrying someone that isn't my dad.

. . .

i know she deserves happiness. it took her five years before she even considered dating. so it's a good thing. she deserves this.

that's good to hear.

they even wanted me to hold a speech at their wedding. how funny.

i'm sure it'll be great.

i was so ecstatic that i started on it right away. it's still under construction, though. want to hear?

uh, sure.

okay. here we go. mom, lucas . . .

❞