Chapter 5

"Ouch!" I yelled. "What's wrong?" Tsubaki asked. "I, uh, cut my hand slicing carrots." I  replied. Ever since that night with Tsubaki-kun, I have been avoiding most of my brothers. "Let me see," Kaname-san said. I hesitated and held out my hand for him to examine. "That's a bit deep, you should go to a doctor." I pulled my hand back, grabbing a paper towel and covering the bright red mark along my palm. "Thank you, but I think I can manage. Besides, I still have to make dinner."

"Onee-chan, let's go flower viewing today so you don't worry about dinner!" Wataru exclaimed. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt.. 

"I can go," Masaomi said. Masaomi, Tsubaki, Azusa, Kaname, Subaru, Ema, and Wataru would be eating in today. "Sure," I smiled. "I'll even invite Natsume," Tsubaki said. I was a bit nervous going, but I couldn't exactly say no. The whole thing with Tsubaki had me worried. I'm a terrible sister. How could I let myself be so weak?  

Time passed quickly. Soon, it was evening and we all walked to the park where we set up a blanket on the soft grass and took out all of the food Ema and I had made. Tsubaki was immediately recognized by a group of girls, and Tsubaki being Tsubaki, he started singing to entertain them. I laughed at how we would act dramatic at every word he sang. Natsume arrived shortly after and sat in front of me. "Good grief, no matter what age he is, Tsubaki is still noisy." Natsume complained. "The soul of a three year old until a hundred, or so they say." Azusa said with a 'what can you do?' expression. Ema gave Natsume fried chicken as I poured him a drink and handed it to him. "Thanks," he said. "I'm sorry for calling you so suddenly since you're busy with work and such." I said with an apologetic smile.

"No, don't worry," he said as took a sip of the punch. I hope he likes the food I prepared... "Looks like we ran out of drinks." Kaname stated. "I'll go buy some more," I said as I stood up. "Do you want me to go with you, Imouto-chan?" Kaname teased. I panicked and quickly replied, "No, thank you. I'll just be a few minutes, anyway." I walked away toward the edge of the park, where I saw Subaru as I climbed the stairs. "You're alone?" He asked. "Well, we ran out of drinks, so I'm getting more." 

"I'll help you," Subaru said as he started walking towards the opposite direction. I tried to reach out to him, but to no avail. We went into the small convinience store and bought the drinks the others had requested. As we walked back, I felt a bit nervous next to Subaru. I knew he probably wouldn't try anything, but I was still a bit scared. "D-do you need help with those?" I asked as I noticed him carrying all the heavy bags with one arm. "No, I got it."

"Aren't they heavy?"

"More of a reason for you not to take them."

"But you're tired aren't you? I mean you just had practice." 

"It's fine..."

"Don't be such a guy," I joked. He looked surprised, but smiled as he handed me a couple of bags. Feeling satisfied with myself, I took them. 

"I..."

"Yes?"

"It's about what I told you earlier. Definitely come to my next game. I want to win in front of you."

"I wouldn't miss it," I smiled. 

He usually seemed shy, but tonight, he had a cool and calm demeanor. It had calmed me down, and I was no longer nervous. It wasn't long before we got back to everyone else. "Oi, where's Wataru?" Subaru asked. Everyone looked around until we all saw him leaning over the rail trying to poke a duck with a stick. "That's dangerous!" Ema exclaimed. Natsume quickly got up and ran towards Wataru. But the duck started splashing, scaring Wataru-san back and Natsume slipped into the pond, making a big splash. Everyone gasped and ran over to the rail, where Natsume slipped back into the pond after trying to get ahold of the fence.