******************************************

I put on a light blue floral dress and a pair of flats that looked quite artistic what with the shells on the straps. When I walked over to my phone, I saw that I got a message from an unknown number.

"Be ready by eight. Got your number from the info booth at the club. And no, you don't have to text me the address. How I got it? I have magic in my ways ;)"

What a man.

I checked my phone for the time and it was seven-thirty. I went to my kitchen and got myself some snacks as I began to ponder upon the events that have been taking place in my life recently. Ever since Dylan was back, I've been merrier- in a way that I can feel. I like that he hasn't yet brought up any issues of the past and that our friendship is just going with the flow. I know this much though, that after I'd left, he'd tried it off with other girls but it never worked out for him. He also told me that my dad's been put in jail once more for harassment charges and that Dylan sometimes sees my mother in his dreams; sees how she is taking care of me and bringing back the smile that he says he still misses. How sweet,right?

And now, with Andrew, I just don't know. I can't do relationships. I have a job that is impossible to continue if I am involved with any relationships. And without the job, I am homeless. I know that Andrew is looking for an affair, but even he knows that it's not possible. I just hope that tonight is worth the risk and that if he should want love, then he be prepared with solutions to my obstacles.

Just then, the bell rings and I step out of my apartment and lock the door behind me to face a smiling Andrew.

"You look cute." he says.

"And you look very pretty as well." I reply, smirking.

"Boy do you know how to make a guy feel self-conscious." he remarks and we both laugh.

As we approach his car, he opens up the door for me and then walks over to his side and steps into the driver's seat.

"Hey, where are we going, though?" I ask.

"Surprise." he says, smiling at the road.

When we reach what I assume is where we're supposed to be, I see that it's a rather fancy looking restaurant. It has an area for those who want to sit indoors, as well as an area by an artificial water body.Andrew points his elbow out towards me and I lock my arm inside, feeling the strong muscular texture of his biceps. Then we begin walking towards the restaurant.

I order grilled prawns with a side of lemon rice and Andrew orders the same. As the waiter leaves, I glance out at the body of water laying out in front of me, in order to avoid eye contact.Then I hear Andrew clearing his throat.

"Roselyn?"

"Hmm?" I say, now turning to face him. As my eyes meet his, my stomach twists at the look in his eyes.

"How you holding up?" he asks.

"Uh-uhmm. Yeah. You?"

"Same here..." he replies, drifting off.

I felt a pounding feeling in my chest as he reaches his hands over the table and wraps my hands in his warm ones.

"I'm sorry that I appeared out of the blue like this, but I really really appreciate you giving me the chance to redeem myself."he says.

"Mhmm. No problem." I reply.

"See, I don't know anything about you or your past. But I believe people's dreams tell a lot about who they are. I wonder what you were thinking of in your dreams that night, but all I can say is that from the things you were whispering, I'm really sorry for all that you had to go through. I'm sure my perception is nowhere near how difficult life must've been for you. But I want to make the rest of the journey better in any case." he says.

"That's really nice, Andrew. But frankly speaking, if we decide to fall in love, then I can't continue with my job. What will I live and feed upon,then? Where  will I live? What will I do?"

"And that's where my plan comes in. I have a few apartments. And then I have my place. You really don't have to pay any rent, but if you insist, then I just want to remind you something. You're still sixteen, Roselyn. At your age, you're just supposed to be working at McDonald's or something. And that's how you can make your contribution to the rent. If you still don't agree, then I can get you a simple job at where I work. The pay is very well, and in fact, it'll be much better than the enervating job you have now at the moment. What do you think?"

"I'll think about it." I reply, meaning it. He smiles at me and lets go of my hand, leaving me craving for the warm touch of his hand.

The food arrives and after we're done, we watch the fireworks. We watch as they ignite the cold night sky with bright colours. We watch as little kids scream and shout and jump up and down with their hands held up, as if they are reaching for the stars and the sparks that light up the darkness. Don't we all?

                                                  *****************************

When we reach our place, I part my lips to bid him goodbye, but Andrew reaches forward and holds my hand on my lap, entwining our fingers softly.

" I know that one day, everything we will create will turn to dust. But so will we; our souls and bodies. What's the point in living if we give birth to nothing in fear of it being mortal? We must learn to give birth to love, and with that, risks.Let me make you mine, Roselyn. Let me heal your pain, if I can't erase them. Let me bring light to your life. And let me hurt you, like all lovers do in despair. It shall tell you that I am not merely showing you dreams, but also reality. I promise to love you, and I promise to bring you down. And once again, please actually consider living with me.Things are very sudden, I know. But I've waited four whole months to let it pass away. It just doesen't. And I had to come after you." he explains.

I parted my lips once more to speak, but then he reaches forward and kisses me passionately for a few seconds.

"I know we've only had two complete make-out sessions, but has anyone told you that your lips always have this taste of... FrootLoops?" he asks, looking down at my lips with great desire in his turquoise eyes.

A/N : I noticed that I've been getting increasing readers. Thank you all for taking the time to read my story. Please have faith in me, I promise that the chapters  will get better along the way. And please, please remember to vote and comment. Also, what do you prefer? Andrew + Roselyn or Dylan + Roses ?

 Love you!