Chapter 4

I wore a red dress which extended down to an inch above my knee. The choker showed off the so-called 'attractive' neck I'd inherited from my mom. I wore black high heels and stuffed in some lingerie into my purse.

I stepped out of my small apartment, locked my door and rechecked by pulling on the handle.I take a deep breath, and prepare myself for the dirty looks I'm about to get in the bus.I check my phone for the time. Seven-thirty.

I step down the stairs and wait at the bus-station.I can already see drunken men shooting me filthy looks. I'm used to it, really.

When the bus arrives, I get on. I hand the bus-driver his money and walk to the back of the bus.I catch a woman shifting uncomfortably towards her child out of the corner of my eye. I'm sorry, ma'am. But it's how I keep myself from starving homeless.

Ten minutes later, I get off the bus.

Game-face on.

I step into the club as the receptionist gives me a knowing look.I make my way towards the washroom and fix my hair. I reach into my dress and find my way to the hooks of my bra. I open it and bring it out of my sleeveless dress.

The loud music bursts into my ears as I make my way to the poles.I always felt disgusted by myself every time I placed my knees on the either sides of the pole.

Mhmmm. Feel those drunken, fucked-up looks on your body,Roselyn.

Take it.

****************************

Three hours later, I walk into a rather glamorous house. As I'm looking around the house, trying to take it all in, he wraps an arm around my waist and tugs at me, as if to tell me to move.He leads the way, and we both walk into a dark room.He turns on a dim light, as if to set the mood.I motion towards the washroom door as if to ask for permission. He nods, and begins unbuttoning his shirt.

I walk out of the washroom in my black lingerie and walk towards him seductively.He's actually pretty good-looking , and much taller than me.He places his hands on my waist and his tongue licks my bottom lip. I bring myself closer to him, and we begin kissing. He effortlessly picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist instinctively. He turns me around and puts me down on his bed gently. I take rapid breaths as his lips make their way down my jawline and then onto my collar-bone.He then takes off the little clothes I was wearing and gives me a look full of lust, and makes his way between my thighs. We both moan in pleasure and shriek in pain as he makes his way into me.

Tears fill up my eyes as I remember my first. I can't continue like this. All I can think of is Dylan,and that's just going to get me nowhere. Be it I have to be a bitch to make my way past him, but I'll do it.

**********************

I wake up next to another new person, another bed. He breathes heavily onto my hair, his arms around me. I take a little time to notice his features. Dirty blonde hair. Slightly messy, just how I like it. Slightly tanned skin, sharp features.I don't remember the colour of his eyes.I lift his arm off me and sit on the bed as the bed vibrates and I feel a warm breath fan my bare shoulder.

"Good morning." he says.

"Good morning," I say, pulling the soft linen sheet around my body.

He shifts over to my side and puts on a tshirt before turning to face me.

"Fancy some breakfast?" he asks, giving me a rather charming smile.

I notice that his eyes are a mysterious shade. It's blue, but still has a hint of green in it. I settled on turquoise. Something about the way he looked at me made me say something I've never said to anyone before in my career.

"I'm actually pretty famished, so yeah."

He smiled at me and handed me one of his shirts from his closet and a pair of trousers.I thank him as I step into his washroom and put the clothes on. I wash my face and clean my teeth with some toothpaste I pressed onto my forefinger. Afterwards, I take a look around his bathroom, and notice that it's actually pretty organized and rather...posh.

I step out of his bathroom and then his bedroom. I notice a flight of stairs and walk down it.Downstairs, I see a blonde haired head in front of a kitchen counter and I assume it's him.I walk over to him and say " Pancakes?"

"Yeah. Is that alright?" He says placing down three or four on a plate and presenting it in front of me along with a bottle of syrup.

"Um,yeah? I mean, who doesen't love pancakes?"

He laughs softly as we begin eating in silence.

" I'm Andrew, by the way. Last night wasn't really what I'd call a proper introduction, but I liked you."

"You too," I reply," And I'm Roselyn."

"So...you look,well, young. Hey, I'm sorry if I'm being too straight-forward and all, but I'd like you to be the same way. Maybe we can get to know eachother a little?"

"See, I like you and you seem like a nice person. But relationships aren't really my cup of tea. And yes, your observations are correct. I'm in high-school in my junior  year and yeah, I'm young. I live away from my family and friends and use this," I say,gesturing towards my body and continue" to literally earn myself a living. I spend my days studying and earning. I don't make... how do you call it- attachments. You seem... affluent, if I'm really speaking my mind and I neither know or wish to, in any case why you were down there looking for a girl to sleep with at a club like that. So yeah, look at yourself, and then at me. I don't think so. Thank you for everything. May I please have my money and leave now?" I finish, taken off-guard at the harshness in my own tone.

He looked a bit taken aback, but soon got up and returned with an envelope and my purse.

I step out of his place, but not before he grabs my hand and swiftly turns me around to place a soft kiss on my forehead.

Sorry, but what just happened?

***************