Chapter 6

Four months have passed since I showed Dylan that place. We've been hanging out more often, except on Monday and Wednesday nights. I was on my way to my locker as usual and almost gawked at the sight of immature,loveless and lustful PDA going on on my poor locker.

"Guys... I'd gladly be the godmother to your accidental babies, but now I really need to get my books so I can afford my own. Planned ones, at that." I say, emotionless.

"Ouch, babes." I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around and before I am in full control of myself, Andrew pushes me against my now free locker with his right arm placed above my shoulder, leaving me baffled.

"You... you. Aren't you.. why...you.Ahem. Why are you in my school,sire?" I finally make out.

"I happen to be a man in search of love. And at the moment, the sight in front of me seems to be the answer to all the unanswered questions I have impatiently asked the stars all my life." he replies, leaving me speechless. Almost.

"Ugh, so cheesy" I say blandly, attempting to hide how impressed I really was at his fine use of words. I'm a hopeless romantic, see.

" Ugh, you liar." he replies, mocking my tone," But anyways, girl do you have your way around with words.You're bat-shit rude, you know that?"

"I am rude,and I suggest you back-off soon enough." I say, trying to tuck out of under his hands but he simply places his left hand so that it hits my forehead. Think of iron, people. I brush the top of my forehead as he reaches forward and takes my hand. For some reason, I curl my fingers around his like a little child holds those of his mother with his entire palm. He then brings his finger near his face and as I feel his warm breath on my reasonably little fingers, he places a soft kiss on them.

"Sorry I hurt your forehead. Roselyn, our introduction was horrible. If I told you why I went down there to the club, you would never see me the same way. And I'll be honest with you about that. But all you need to know is that whatever purpose I had, left me feeling worthless the moment I let go of your hand the following morning. I thought it was just the taste of your lips, and that I'd soon learn to forget how famished its absence made me feel. But then I became subject to every little, breath-taking memory I had of you. I never remembered one-night stands this way. But that night, we were both so drunk... yet I remember every minuscule detail. The feeling of running my hands through your hair, the look in your eyes when my fingertips traced the outline of your cheeks, the way your lips trembled just after I'd kissed them. But most of all, I remember the crashing feeling in my stomach that kept me awake the whole night. As if to fall asleep on a night like this would be an absolute insult to how much effort God had put in to make such a delicate piece of art like you. And oh,Roselyn. I know how immensely abrupt all this sounds to you.But I need to be with you. Because I can't just fucking ignore the way you cried in your sleep and whisper, " Mom, why didn't you leave behind some more of that so I could end this? Where are you now? Do you see daddy?". And sometimes you'd whisper things that sent a chill down my spine. Words  I can't even bear to think of, let alone utter. So tell me now, Roselyn. Can I pick you up tonight from your place? Will you give a chance to this awkward guy who just can't take it anymore, and just spontaneously decided that running away from his office and personally checking every high school that came across his way for you?I know  you don't make 'attachments', but how long will you suffer this insufferable labyrinth? I promise you, I'll make it worth it. Just one chance." 

I watched as he looked into my eyes like he could pierce through my soul, and the way he continuously licked his lips going dry from nervousness. I watched as the  cold hint of green in his eyes almost took over the beautiful blue. Almost, but not quite. And before I could stop the words from slipping out of my lips, I said yes. Then he brushed my right cheek with his thumb and walked out of the door, with the sunshine igniting his blond hair into a firework of golden rays.