Chapter 3

I walked out of the shower with a towel twisted around my hair. I sat down on the bed as I checked the phone. One message. Probably from Jacqueline... but no wait. It's from an unknown number. It reads:

Morning,sunshine. Can I come pick you up for school?

So it's someone from school...I replied with:

Sorry who is this?

My phone instantly vibrated in my hands as I was just about to put it down.

Uggh. Right. Dylan. Sup.

 I was about to text him a question but he just double-texted, already answering  my question, causing me to smile subconsciously.

And before you ask me how I got your number, well, honey...you know I have my ways. Or have you forgotten already? Nevermind. See you in 10! Yeah, I have your address too.

Ahh, you stalker.

I just texted him a winky face and got up to dress myself. My blonde hair was now brown after the shower,and I leave it open. I like it that way. It looks effortless, yet sort of nice in a natural kind of way.

I dress in a t shirt that says "Neon" in well, neon colours and skinny jeans. I slip my bag over my shoulder and run downstairs for a quick breakfast. 

As I was making my breakfast, I couldn't help but wonder how weird all this was. I was so overwhelmed, I didn't even bother to think things through. That boy, that boy I left behind. The boy I loved so dearly, the one I completely abandoned, always in fear of who would be first. I was so worried about who would leave first, who would be the one to be broken, that I just left it all first. I was so scared for him, so scared that I'd hurt him with the truth, I just let things crash like a coward. The truth is never easy, and neither is love. But when we love someone, we must always tell them the truth, for no matter how difficult it is, it's always worth the risk.The doorbell rang then and I ran to the door, but not before placing my dirty dish down in the sink.

I opened the door to find myself face-to-face with a 6'2, brown haired, hazel eyed angel.He gave me a half smile as he began to speak.

"Look I know I'm cute and all, but we're really getting late so if you're done taking in all my beauty, can we please proceed?"

I came back to my senses as he said those words and playfully punched him in the shoulder as I muttered a soft " You wish."

"Trust me I do." He mumbled driftingly and I looked up at him to see him staring off at the distance.

We got into his car as I began to speak.

"So why'd you move?"

He turned to look at me and then back at the road before he said," Georgia's not really a great place for a student like me...and you. That's why. But I'll tell you the real reason later.For now, let's just stick with that."

Right.

I laughed a humourless chuckle but kind of caught myself off-guard when I noticed the slight frown on his eyebrows. However, soon enough, he recovered and started making small talk again. We began talking about new music that had come out and our opinions on them.He kind of frowned when I told him I thought Shawn Mendes was hot.

When we reached school, we went to get our books from our lockers and afterwards headed to our individual classes. He's a science student and I'm arts, so the only class we have together is English. He wanted to meet up someplace after school, but I said no and he just nodded in understanding and left. Don't get mad, you crazy romantics. I need time...to take it all in. And also, I've got to find a new club.

                                                                        *********

Seven hours later, I walked out of that club with a new job,and a shitload of burden over my shoulders.

They took me in,yes, but just wait and listen. Working days are on Mondays and Wednesdays,meaning school days. Also, it's actually about a fifteen minute drive from my place.

Also, today, is Monday. So I need to get home now, and get studying before I proceed to get ready for 'work'.

See,the reason why it's so important for me to finish high school with such good grades is so that I can get out of this hellhole of using my freaking body as a source of money. I need good grades,so I can get a scholarship into college and live a few years free of money to feed myself. Then I can just get a good job. One that involves desks and paper.

Not creaky beds and tall poles.