Chapter 17: The Devil

Start from the beginning

'Ah! That explains the intensity of the cut on your lip, Arjun.' Said Pawan after recovering from the shock he got from Radhika's words.

Alright, this is going out of her hand. She should not let Mr. Spoon win this or her husband at that. They want to tease her; fine, she will show them her magic of teasing too.

'If you are unable to digest a simple gesture of a kiss between husband and wife, you better get a wife for yourself, Mr. Spoon.' Sniggered Radhika.

There, she said it. Both the fools are looking at her as if she said she is going to drop bombs on both of them. Now, who won the game? Of course and without any doubt, she did. She should savour this win with something sweet. So she made her way to the kitchen to serve herself a spoonful of sugar to celebrate her victory leaving behind two gaping fools. Sweet heaven.

After dropping Radhika to her office, Arjun made his way straight to a place in his private car. He knows driving in private car with no one else with him except his thoughts can be dangerous. But he had to do this for his wife. He should formulate a plan for making the people who insulted his wife bow their heads in front of him. That cannot be done by him alone. He has nil knowledge when it comes to the procedures in India. He has to take the help of Pawan, which is obvious, and he also should get help from Vikas and Hitesh. Vikas, because he is the media tycoon and Hitesh cannot be left behind else he will eat them all alive. First, he has to bring down the reputation of the media house and he knew what to do exactly for that. He made his way to his office to put his plan into action. After reaching his office, he published an article on his personal blog explaining how he was disappointed by the people who insult others using the internet and how they should be given a good answer. He didn't once mention about Radhika or the media house. We have a saying "Samajdar ko ek ishaara hi kaafi hai {Hint is more than enough for brilliants}" and if the people are wise enough to guess what this video could be related to, it is fine, or else he will take everyone as fools and seek solace by making himself comfortable with the thought that he is in this politician's position for nothing.

The article became a hit in few hours time from the time it was published. Arjun breathed a sigh of relief when he got to see the comments supporting him. Many understood the reason behind this and publicly insulted the media house. It is not what Arjun expected actually. He didn't want anybody to publicly insult someone even it is for him. He thought that is another type of foolishness and reprimanded people who did that not to do as such again. By the end of the day, the media house's reputation is in tatters. Many people demanded a public apology from the media house. That was a case of defamation. Even though the media has the right to write anything related to the country making sure the people are getting genuine information, they cannot insult someone directly or indirectly. So, a public apology is needed. Arjun thought if the media house did that, he would accept the apology and leave the matter.

After reading the article, Radhika understood the reason behind it too. She kept her mouth shut because she knew the ethics involved in the media have been degraded. And so she left the matter in the capable hands of her husband, she knew her husband will not do anything illegal. She was so sure of that and she didn't get to see the feral rage on her husband's face when he read that article. She was content in that thought.

But wait, ladies and gentleman, if you thought Arjun is going to give only this small punishment for the people who have insulted his wife then you are highly mistaken. Here comes the "Devil" Arjun Mehra who can do anything to keep his loved ones safe.

After the loss of reputation "News phataphat (NP)" media house had tried to sell its shares. The media house is already on the verge of ruination because of the foolish reporters and their unnecessary scoops of news. And the recent article made such a high impact on the people that their sales have fallen to a low of 75% in just two days. There is nothing the owner can do at this point except selling the shares of the company. So he tried to sell the shares, and his bad luck is always haunting him, no one, absolutely no one is ready to buy the shares because of the reputation. They have to own 51% shares to run the company on their terms and the investors all are of low budget ones and they cannot afford to buy the shares where the owner is showing his greed again by placing high rates on shares. There was only one who can afford that and by negotiating the terms and the prices of the shares, he bought the whole company. The media house is officially his now. NP's owner was so happy with this deal. One of the conditions the new owner placed while buying the company is to keep the employees intact. He didn't want the employees to go and hunt the jobs when there is already job scarcity. NP's owner was so happy for this generosity if only he knew the real reason that this mastermind had buying the media house. After the registration of the company in the name of the new owner, the old owner left the place. All these negotiations were done under covers and no employee of NP knows about their new owner.