d-seven

she was sweet and delicate, he cant bear killing her

🌌🌃🌈

"We'll be out for an hour or two, i'll keep my eye on her"

Koeun forms an ear to ear smile, her happiness can't be described right now. Last night, she asked mark if he could bring her to an ice cream parlor, the boy hesitated at first but agreed later on.

"You do know that you haven't bathed and still have the clothes you wore yesterday" mark says, koeun looks at herself. She wasn't dirty nor stinky, but she still had to take a bath or at least change clothes. "Can you bring me home?" she pleads mark with her twinkling eyes.

"I'm not stupid, koeun" he states. Koeun wasn't going to escape, she just wanted to get some stuff and take a bath. "I wont escape, i'll be taking a bath. If you want you can stay behind the bathroom door" she offers, mark looks at her intensely before agreeing to her contract.

They took the bus to koeun's house, there were no available seats so they had to stand up. The driver pulls into a break and koeun nearly stumbles luckily mark grabs her hand and pulls her to his side.

Mark smiles as he sees koeun's ears turning red. The sudden contact made her embarrassed, she wasn't used to having contact with boys.

The bus stops in front of a waiting shed, they get off the bus and walks a few streets until they reached a cozy looking house, with a beautiful garden at the front yard, a mailbox and a cute wooden gate.

"Your house looks nice" mark says, koeun shrugs and opens the gate. "Its not, what happens inside is the opposite of what's outside" she says and walks to the door. Koeun gestures mark to step in, the house was warm. He looks down on his feet, a dog was nibbling on his sneakers. He moves his foot away, "Dino! That's bad, you don't do that to visitors" Koeun scolds the dog.

The sudden action made mark's heart slightly beat, koeun wasn't that feisty, she was sweet. "I'll be going to my room" she says, "I'll be waiting for you behind the bathroom door" he says and follows koeun to her room.

She makes her way to her bedroom's bathroom, and mark patiently waits for her to finish.

He looks around her room, she sees a picture frame with a photograph of koeun and what seem to be her friends. There was a girl with cat-like eyes, another girl with deep dimples and a girl that seems to be much more younger than them. There was another frame and it was a family portrait.

Her mom was just like koeun, his dad had a bold and tough image. Mark snorts, koeun must have gotten her boldness from her dad. She was an only child, mark smiles.

Koeun's bed was all colored in pink, a moomin stuffed toy was sitting on it. Mark smiles once again, it reminds him of that kid from camp with a snaggletooth who loves moomin so much.

The bathroom door opens, releasing a scent of strawberries that seem lovely to mark's nose. Must have been koeun's shampoo, because a while ago on the bus he smelled koeun's hair and it has the same scent. (creepy af) It was accidental though, the bus was cramped with people so they had to be close to each other.

Mark mentally dropped his jaw, the girl that just came out from the bathroom was filled with beauty. He looked away, his cheeks turn red as he scratches his nape. Koeun giggles, amazed by mark's reaction.

"You can wait for me downstairs, i'll be getting some few things" she says and pushes mark out the door. "I wont escape! Promise!" she exclaims before closing the door.

Mark proceeds downstairs to the kitchen, the fridge was covered with magnets. He opened it only to see raw meat, fruits and leftovers. He snorts, nothing edible.

He sits on the couch, it was lumpy and uncomfortable. The TV was right in front of the coffee table which was in front of the couch. Mark stares at empty space, he was confused, most people would escape and run for their lives in a situation like this, but koeun was different. She was offering herself to the bad guys, which was weird.

Weird because she's sticking to the person who's going to kill her, like she badly wants to die but hesitates.

"I'm done, let's go" koeun says and taps mark's back. He shoots up from his seat and proceeds to the door to leave. He sees koeun with the dog a while ago, "Dino, i'll miss you" she bids farewell to her dog and kisses its fur. His heart hurts at the sight, seeing koeun bid farewell to the things she loved hurts him. Because he knew that she wont be coming back.

"Let's go, i'm excited for ice cream" koeun excitedly states while skipping to the bus stop, mark quietly follows behind. Mark stares at her once again, she has her hair down, her bangs are slightly covering her eyes, her cheekbones are high, and mark swears he can't get enough of her smile.

He stares at her hands, her right hand holding her pink bag with stuff in it (probably clothes), and her left hand with a tracker on her wrist. "Isn't the tracker painful?" He asks out of the blue. "No, why?" she answers. mark shakes his head, "Nothing".

The ice cream parlor wasn't fully occupied, there were only 3-4 customers. "Cookies and cream, here i come" koeun says, her eyes turning into hearts as she opens the store's door. "Mark come on!" she calls for mark who was still outside.

He follows koeun to the counter, the girl's eyes were glued to the menu board. "I'll have cookies and cream! And strawberry!" she says, the counter girl lists it down on her thingy. "What about you, sir?" the counter girl flirtatiously asks mark, "Excuse me, he has a girlfriend" koeun sassed and held mark's hand.

Something about that girl in front of them made her blood boil, and made it even hotter when she rolled her eyes. She was about to retort something but mark held her hand tightly signaling her to not cause a fight.

Once they get their ice creams, they sit on a table near the glass wall. Mark looks at koeun, "What was that about?" he asks koeun who was peacefully eating her ice cream. "What that? I didn't do anything" she says innocently, mark smiles as he sees koeun's ears turning red. "Your ears are red" mark points at koeun's ears, she immediately covers it with her hands.

"We'll I can't blame myself for being good-looking. Everyone wants to be my girlfriend" mark conceitedly states making koeun's blood boil once again. "Who said you're good-looking?" she sassed. "My face is evidence" he answers, making koeun snort.

If only he wasn't a criminal, koeun would be heads over heels in love with him.

"But seriously koeun-ah" mark states while picking on his melting ice cream. "What?" she asks, "You really look like my girlfriend" he says and gestures at his and koeun's clothes.

Mark's white polo shirt matched koeun's white dress, her white shoes matched mark's. The tracker on her wrist (which is fashionably designed) matched mark's black wrist watch.

"Whatever" koeun rolls her eyes. Mark copies her, and laughs. She scoffs and finishes the last scoop of her ice cream.

The sun became a moon signaling that it was night time, they made their way back to the headquarters. Mark greets gaurds before entering the building. He walks with koeun to her room.

"Good night, see you tomorrow" he bids farewell, before closing the door to her room and locking it up. He keeps the key right under the door mat, making ways for koeun to escape.

he cant bear the fact that he'll be killing that sweet girl.