Chap. 17 "Cut your balls off"

Start from the beginning

I sped to the school, there was a small Winter formal happening to welcome us back to school. I knew I needed to attend to save face, but I knew who I was avoiding. As I was getting ready I heard my phone vibrate on my desk.

Hey Honey,

I know I've sent a lot of confusing messages recently and I don't expect you to actually meet me, but I feel something for you and if you think so too meet me at the garden at 10. I know I don't have a chance if you don't show up

Sean

I shook my head, his drugs must have really gotten to him. He couldn't just flip-flop between his feelings. I couldn't just be a toy that he played with. Thankful to the warm Miami weather, I pulled on a mid-thigh length yellow dress that loosely clung to my body.

I drove silently to the campus. Maybe I should just go see him? It would have been unfair to not at least hear him out, but then at the same time he was doing the same. Deep down, I knew I craved to see him but he had such a grip over me. I climbed out my car and barely made it two steps on campus before I felt two bodies tackle me. 

"I missed you baby" I heard Chloe murmur into my side,

"Yeah same" Jax laughed from on top of me. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I laughed with them. I squeezed them tighter before trying to push them off. 

"I can't breathe" I gasped. 

"And I couldn't live without you" Jax said not getting off. Truthfully, I had missed him alot but there was no way I was gonna tell Jax that. I would never hear the end of it. 

"Yeah, you won't be able to live once I rip your balls off" I yelled and he jumped off, 

"Ah there it is" he smiled as I walked over to James. He scooped me into a hug pulling me tight before dropping me. After he just nodded and smiled, I had missed this. We walked to the formal catching them up on details that didn't happen over my break, and them telling me about all the parties they went to.

The formal was packed with almost every kid from school. Some were dancing but mostly everyone just stood around talking with each other. I kept my eye on the clock, waiting for it to be ten. I kept thinking, of everything Sean had done for the past three weeks. 

It was finally ten and my stomach dropped. And despite my better judgement I walked to the back door stepping outside feeling alight drizzle against my skin. I followed the stone path through the bushes until I stepped into the small clearing of overgrown bush. His figure sat on a small bench at the end of the path and as he heard my footsteps he stood up. The moonlight lit up his face as he smiled at me. 

I thought I would be filled with anger but it wasn't anger but a longing that I had for a while, finally evading me. I felt my eyes get damp with tears and I just stood there for a while and watched him. Tears spilled down my face as I walked closer to him.