Chapter 2

Keefe's confident facade fell for a quick second, replaced with excitement and relief. Nevertheless, it didn't take him long to replace his giddiness with the bravado act she'd come to admire. "Naturally, you'd say yes to a guy like me... I mean, who wouldn't?"

Sophie smiled at that, relieved that Keefe wouldn't change too much, be they friends or... something more. 

Keefe nodded to her as he walked away, and once he had gone, every female within a five mile radius seemed to look at her differently, and not in a good way. She felt glares like laser beams at the back of her neck and walked more cautiously than usual though the halls, although she knew they were only jealous. Later, when Sophie had a much-needed girl talk with Marella and Biana, she was relieved to hear how excited they were for her. "You guys are going to be so cute together! I can't believe he finally made a move." Despite Biana's obvious outward support, Sophie could sense a somewhat bitter undertone, but she set the thought aside so she could worry about things of higher importance. Boy drama wasn't exactly on the top of her list at the moment.

Each session was a blur, and she walked to lunch very distractedly. She walked to her friends, stumbling with her heavy lunch tray, and almost audibly gasped when a familiar face smiled at her from across the table. "Are you ever going to learn how to use those things?" Fitz asked, laughing and pointing at her feet. She blushed involuntarily. How could she have forgotten that she had a crush on Fitz Vacker? Wasn't that the type of thing you're not supposed to forget? She sighed and suppressed the butterflies bubbling in her stomach when Fitz caught her eyes again. She turned her head away. Since when was she in the middle of two boys? Keefe put an arm around her. 

"Something wrong, Foster?"

"Nope. Perfectly fine." Sophie offered him a less-than-convincing smile. Oh boy, she thought, why do I always have to create problems for myself?

*******************

Hope you're likin it! Keep reading I promise it gets better ;)

xo bells