Chapter 2

I found a split root at the base of a great white pine tree.

I jumped into the air with what dying strength I had left and plummeted into the small opening. I fit perfectly with my malnourished wolf. I was to afraid to shift for I had not shifted since I ran away, and because they would hear me if I did so.

I had ran for weeks. How ever long, I do not know, what mattered was that I had escaped.

I feasted on deers every other day trying to avoid any animal meat and replenishing myself with water from the river or from plants. I avoided plants or berries because I did not know if it was edible or deadly.

After I had passed out Axel took me from that little white house I would never see again to his home by the Alpha's mansion. His father was the beta, Beta Trevor Night to our alpha, Alpha Skyler Night. Trevor and Skyler were first cousins.

*Flashback*

When I had opened my eyes, I looked at myself in the mirror beside Axel's king sized bed. The mirror Axel would use and force me to look at myself while Axel thrust himself into me or forced me to do things with his manhood.

I shivered.

I looked so uncanny, I could not even recognize myself. My plump lips were raw and purple, my habit of licking my lips made them dryer. I looked at my relfection, those hollow hazel eye were dull and lifeless just like the depths of my cheeks. My dimples made my cheeks sink deeper into my egg shaped head and soft square jaw. My midnight hair was tussled in soft large curls spilling against the beige sheets.

I could look no longer at my unrecognizable self, it was pitiful really, what had become of me all these years.

A piece of light shined on my neck.

It caught my attention. My hands reached for the object on my neck. I felt the cool contents of a silver crescent moon. My eyes shut momentarily, it was previously my mothers and she had passed it down to me telling me that it would keep my safe.

But how ironic life has treated me ever since she had left. What had began all of this to pull me down so low, I could no longer stand my own ground?

The door slowly creeped open, answering my own question.

"Aww, my poor baby's awake."

Axel walked to me with his height and strength carried with him all in one package.

All I did was stare.

Voicing my opinion or speaking could lead me to suffocating physical pain. I no longer felt emotional pain, he was my mate and I could not do anything about it. If these genes were not given to us from birth I would have left Axel a long time ago, choosing someone that treated me right because anything he did to me never felt right, nothing.

He sat close to me, caressing my face. I felt repulsion, but I was supposed to love him he was my mate.

"Are you feeling better?" His voice brought chills to my spine, the eerie feeling as if he was watching my every move, even my thoughts.

I nodded my head, my eyes never left his deep evergreen eyes. His medium length blond hair tilted to the side as he analyzed me, waiting for me to make a mistake so he could react upon it. Using it as an excuse to force me to do something awful.

He leaned in closer, his nose touching my cheek. I froze, even the hair of the back of my neck couldn't even raise.

"It's good to hear that you are feeling better." His nice demeanor was instantly gone.