🍒🍒🍒

(art by gh0stbreath on tumblr)

DIO's The World had punched a hole... straight through my torso.
I gasped and choked. The tangy smell of blood overwhelmed my senses as it escaped through the newly created orifice.
"Kakyoin!" yelled Joestar, but I had almost hardly heard him.
Every muscle in my body stopped moving. I couldn't speak. I couldn't even lift a finger. I knew with a grim certainty that these wounds would be fatal, and that I could never go back now.
Jotaro and the others... they would have to complete this fight.
My eyes became heavy as I stared at the clock tower. I wonder what my parents are doing now.
It read 5:15.
It's pretty late in Japan, so I bet they're asleep...
I'm so sorry... I made you worry...
Human parents don't just have a single purpose. They support.. they love... they care.
I completely threw them aside...
But I care, too. And now I have another family to care about.
I, Noriaki Kakyoin, decided I would not let this time waste as my life began to ebb away. I wouldn't let my time as a top student in my class all my life be for nothing. I had to figure out DIO's Stand!
Through the tears of pain and sorrow blurring my vision even more, I saw how Hierophant Green's barrier had been torn away all at once. I watched as the sparkling, yet fading energy from the strands slowly drifted to the ground like feathers of a withering dove.
How... all at once? Why weren't they broken strand after strand...?
There was no delay... Not even a millisecond.
How could he hit all of them with no time passing between them?
Time...
No time passed...
There can't be any other explanation.
Now I know I must tell the others about The World's terrifying ability. I have very little strength nor time left... but my Hierophant Green has never failed me. Not ever.
E-Emerald... Splash...
I'm too devoid of energy now to breathe. My lungs are most likely filled with blood. But...
My final Emerald Splash.
The shards, they're so weak. Through my dulled senses, they almost seem to float lightly through the air towards the clock tower...
CRASH!
The clock stopped. Bricks and other rocks fell from the tower in an ugly, loud mess.
The last image I know I'll ever see is before me right now. The town is likely in chaos over the car wreck and the people who have died by the hand of DIO as I can hear the wailing sirens of ambulances and other emergency vehicles. The air smells mostly of blood, but I can also detect the dank city smell of gasoline and metal. From the dent in the water tower which will become my grave, I can see the starry night sky outside of the city's light pollution and the waning moon in the distance.
My body is drenched from the water tower-- now empty; though a few stray drops still remain to fall from the edge of the dent in a solemn rhythm-- as well as limp and bloody from the wound from DIO's fatal blow. My arms and legs are splayed uncomfortably across the area, but I cannot feel them anyways. My eyes are cloudy and filled with blood and tears, unfortunately continuing to worsen.
I see Joseph Joestar witnessing my death. I hope he saw the clock tower... I hope he understands my message. DIO must be stopped. It's my purpose-- no, my goal, that I help as much as I can in this final fight for the lives of others.
But I feel... satisfied. I've finally achieved inner peace. I have friends I can truly connect with; they share my interests, they understand me, and... maybe they don't know how lonely I had lived before... but... they can see Hierophant Green.

Ever since I was a child, I thought that living in a city meant meeting lots of people. But how many people meet others they can truly understand, and who understand them?
I'm Noriaki Kakyoin, and I have friends that I love dearly and understand fully.

I would do anything for them.