Agapē

Summary: Liquid wanted to have a romantic date with Mantis, but he has no experience of it. How will he solve the problem?

Notes: The word agapē came from a 17th century Greek word that means "Selfless Love" and for some f*cked up reason, I think it fits. Don't forget my chocolates! I'll share half of them to Mantis.

PS: This is dedicated to my friends, Tretij Rebenok and to Dragon Serena on Facebook.

°°°  ( ´(00)')  °°°

When was the last time they had a decent date? In fact, the real question is, did they even have one before? Liquid sighed painfully while tapping his pen on top of his paperwork, left face resting in his hand, and his heart aches from loneliness.

They have been so close since childhood. Mantis used to have another codename back then -- Tretij Rebenok -- the floating child whom he initially thought to be a girl, but grew up so manly over the years! Well, Liquid has a different standard of manly if other people tries to argue about his opinion of Mantis. He is powerful... dominating... sadistic... intelligent--

What's wrong, boss?

He was startled for a moment, wide eyes staring at the floating psychic in front of him. He was wondering how deep he drowned himself in thought this time that he even forgot where he was. It was this wonderful being's fault!

Aw, are you expecting a 'thank you' from me?

Fuck! He knew.

Praising me first and underestimating my powers next. You are one inconsistent man.

Liquid coughed and straightened himself up. "I'm not underestimating you, Mantis. Forgive me if I made you feel unappreciated." Like the way you're doing to me lately.

Mantis shook his head. He was trying his best not to laugh at Liquid's current state. Whenever he's tired, he becomes either more grouchy or very sentimental. It seems the latter has won his mood since the beginning of February.

If you want something, I can give you the super rare exception to tell me now.

Liquid raised a brow. "Thanks for the offer, but I doubt you would indulge yourself in any of my sick fantasies." He started to read the reports on his desk and blatantly ignoring the other man in his office.

It won't hurt to try. You will never know, I might... grant your wish?

Liquid swallowed hard. "Why..." He felt his teeth clenched, nervous, as he continued. "You are awfully nice to me today. Did I do something great to deserve this?"

Can't I be nice once in a while to the most special person in the world?

Three seconds later the two of them laughed.

"You really know how to make me feel better. Impressive!"

It's a funny idea for them to think of Liquid as a special person in the world, no one else would want to keep him aside from Mantis. His former organizations had deployed him to dangerous missions for the sole purpose of eliminating him. They almost did, but he was saved. Mantis saved him before he entirely lost his mind, and the mental encouragement gave Liquid the strength to murder everyone who tortured and brainwashed him.

A warm touch on his shoulder brought him back to the present. "Mantis..."

Focus, Eli. Weren't you thinking of something you want us to do together? What was it again?