Ch. 2

~Chapter Two~

After school I go to my car and accidentally run into Palmer.

"Hi." I say with a slight wave.

"Hey. Did you have a good day?" he asked me sweetly.

"Yes, thank you for asking. I think you are the first person to ask me that." I say with a slight blush to my face.

"Why wouldn't anyone ask you?" he asks.

"Well here," I motion toward the school, " I'm a nobody, a dork, a girl that sees things only through her glasses and camera. I should be asking why you are hanging out with me." I looked up at him with an ashamed look on my face.

"You are cool and nice, why wouldn't I?" he asks.

"I don't know." I smile and he walks off. I see Grant staring at him and I and he seems a bit startled. I decide to be daring and say something.

"What are you looking at? Are you surprised people actually talk to me?" I say with a laugh.

"No not at all." he gives me a smirk. What is that supposed to mean? Does he really care? I'm probably just dreaming or out of my mind. I climb in my car and drive home. My mom is on the front lawn gardening flowers and such.

"Hey, Mom." I say.

"Hey, Wendy. Can you do me a favor?" she asks.

"Sure. What do you need me to do?" I ask.

"Can you run to the store for me? I need some stuff for dinner tonight. Our neighbors will come over tonight." She asked.

"Sure. Do you have a list?" I ask.

"Yes, on the counter." she said.

"Okay. I will be right back then." I grab the list and head to the store. I walk in and grab all of the items and I see Grant's mom on one isle.

"Hi, Wendy!" she says.

"Hi! How are you?" I ask.

"Pretty good. I'm trying to find some ingredients for the pie I'm making for dinner tonight at your house." she says.

"Cool. I better get going before my mom starts to worry about me." I say politely.

"Okay see you later!" she says. I start to drive the buggy when I run into someone.

"Oh my gosh I'm so-" I look up to see the Grant.

"Sorry." I finish my sentence. He gives me the signature smirk.

"It's fine,!Wendy." he says.

"You called me Wendy." I smile.

"What? I'm not always bad and don't worry I will always know your name." I look and see his mom staring at us. That's why he called me by my name instead of dork.

"When your mom is around is the only time you are ever good. It's also the only time you call me by my real name." I say.

"Are you a mind reader or something?" he asks.

"Sometimes." I say. He smiles and walks with his mom. I check out and head home. I walk in my house with the groceries and my mom begins to cook automatically. I grab my camera and take pictures of her cooking. She sings and dances to the radio while she cooks. So as she does that I take pictures without her knowing. I help some too. I walk upstairs to change out of my messed up clothes. After I change into a strapless red dress with black flats, I hear the doorbell ring and the Parker's walk in. They file in one by one and Grant is the last one to enter.

"Long time no see," he leans into my ear," dork." he says.

"Wow, so original." I smile at him. We all sit down at the dining table and start to eat the lasagna my mom prepared for us. I catch Grant staring at me a few times. Each time he would quickly look away every time I caught him. I hate that my mom made me wear this dress. I mean they are just the neighbors. After dessert the Parker's begin to leave. Grant,surprisingly, helps my mom and I clean the dishes. After he finishes I walk him to the door.

"Thanks for dinner, Wendy." he says.

"You're welcome." I say. I notice him staring at me again.

"What are you looking at?" I ask him.

"Uh-" he says nervously.

"Speechless huh?" I say teasingly.

"Enjoy this while it lasts because it will never happen again." he says with a stern tone.

"Never say never." I say.

"Are you planning on wearing this dress again?" he says.

"Only in your dreams." I say.

"Then I better get to sleep." he says.

"Goodnight, Grant." I say with a laugh.

"Goodnight, Wendy." he says. I close the door and take a deep breath. My mom suddenly looks at me.

"Grant is pretty cute, huh?" she asks with a laugh.

"Mom!" I yell.

"What! I'm just stating the obvious." she says. I laugh and walk up to my room. Grant is kind of cute. What am I saying he is hot, but all he will ever be is my neighbor. I then look at my computer and see an email from Facebook Messenger.

Palmer Mason- Hi

I smile at the one word.

Wendy Glenn- Hey.

We talked for hours and honestly he is pretty easy to talk to. Now I think I'm torn between two boys. I stand up to go downstairs and while I'm lost in my thoughts, I trip and fall down the stairs and every thing is suddenly pitch black.

What have I done?