Ch. 7

~Chapter Seven~

"You're what?" Palmer asks me.

"I'm breaking up with you."

"Why?"

"I see you as more of a brother, nothing more and nothing less. I'm sorry."

"I guess asking you out was pushing it, huh?"

"Yeah. Friends?" I ask with my hand out. He shakes it lightly.

"Friends." We go off in our separate ways and I'm relieved. Palmer is a nice guy, just not the right one for me.

"Are you okay?" Lisa asks me.

"I'm fine. Where is Grant?"

"Why?"

"I need to talk to him."

"I don't know. My guess is at home."

"Thanks, Lisa."

"No prob." I wait on my mom to pick me up and Lisa leaves to go to her boyfriend's house. I feel a tap on my shoulder and a random student hands me a note.

Come to my house

-G

I smile instantly, I guess he does care. Mom pulls up and we drive home. I wheel myself over to Grant's house and knock on the door.

"Hey, Wen."

"Hey, Grant. You gave someone a note to give to me that said come over to your house."

"Yes I did."

"Why?" He comes out and wheels me in his house. He picks me up and carries me up the stairs. I don't know where this is going and I hope it doesn't end badly. He walks into his room and puts me on his bed.

"I broke up with her." I nodded my head.

"You know why?" He asks.

"Why?"

"It's not because of the way she acts, her beauty, or her brains, she is nothing compared to you. If I thought of the perfect person in the entire world, they wouldn't compare to you. Not in the least little bit. You are the one I want, not some fake person. I just want you."

"Really?" My voice cracks and tears come down my face. It feels like I'm in a cliché Nicholas Sparks book.

"Yes, every word is true. I shouldn't have treated you badly. Or even break off into the 'it' crowd." I pull him into a hug and his arms instantly wrap around mine. All of the drama and past relationships, they instantly deteriorated away from our memories. We look in each other's eyes and the moment I've been waiting for, has finally arrived. When his lips meet mine, fireworks explode around us.

"Finally." I say breathlessly. He smiles and I grab my wallet.

"I want to give you something."

"What is it?" He says curiously.

"This." He looks at the picture with amazement and joy.

"How long have you had this?"

"Since the day I developed it. I look at it when I know you are at your worst. I knew that boy was inside of you somewhere."

"You don't have to worry about me anymore, I will always be this boy." He points to the picture and I know what he says is true. He puts the picture down on his bedside table and looks back at me. I pull him into another kiss and I know what true happiness feels like.

THE END

A/N:

Thanks so much for reading this! This is one of my first completed stories and I'm proud of myself! I have never completed a story before so I'm so blessed and thankful to have finished this one! If you like this story, please look at my other ones! I have seven others and I love them dearly! Again, thanks so much for reading☺️