Laksmi on Von Liam's Story

By: Laksmi Narayan Dasi Canedo

#MyJazlykdatStory

Her smiles were his sun, her eyes twinkled in his night and her kisses melted his icy heart. She was her Luna in the abyss, her beacon in the midst of dark angry seas trying to pull him to the depths. Her light led her home, and there he succumbed peacefully in her embrace.

But the storm came. Thick clouds shrouded the skies, the winds escalated and the heavy rains blocked everything in sight. He lost her, the hurricane wiped her away and there he was-- soaked, numbed, shivering, lamenting and furious, really furious.

Von Liam did what any lamenting husband would do, he sought for revenge and justice. For years, his life revolved around avenging Anne's death. He was in deep torment, no one can pacify his aching heart. Ang tanging ilaw na gumagabay sa kanya upang magpatuloy ay ang nagbabagang galit sa kanyang puso. Ito'y uminit nang uminit hanggang sa naglagablab. It evolved into something fierce aand destructive and containing it was an imposible feat.

Until Christine Laiza walked in. Her entry into his life doused his blazing heart. Sa isang iglap ay nagapi nito ang umaapoy niyang galit. It took him years to fully embrace his daughter and yet she was able to penetrate through him in a heartbeat. It was as if she casted a spell and all the fragments of his shattered life fell into their rightful places.

Call it hypocrisy or what but I do believe that a person can only love once in their lifespan. Yes, you can be with hundreds but you're only bound to the "one." Isa lang ang tunay mong mamahalin and the rest? Hindi mo talaga sila minahal. Yung iniyakan mo? Yung pinaghirapan mong bigyan ng bonggang anniversary surprise? Yung hinahatid sundo mo araw-araw? Yung pinaglaban mo sa magulang mo? Yung dahilan kung bakit muntikan ka ng tumalon sa tulay? Hindi mo tunay na minahal yun. Or maybe if you did, it was rather superficial. Hindi ka magmamahal ng tapat sa taong hindi nakalaan sa iyo. Blame it to my fascination on "soulmates" and "red strings."

But Liam's story was somehow an eye opener for me. His relationship with Anne was too good not to be true. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang pagmamahal niya kay Anne. Nanuot at bumabaon. He won't nurture that anger over her death for almost a decade if his love wasn't genuine. And CL was able to replace her real quick that it was overwhelming.

It all boils down to this--we must never underestimate our capacity to love. That falling to hundreds is possible. That you can love a beast and not regret it. That you can stay in love even without a chance of being loved in return. That you can love someone too young or too old and not give a damn about it. That you can still love even even with seas apart. That you can die for love even if it sounds so stupid. That you can lay down everything in the name of love.

And yes it's hilarious and ridiculous and stupid and irrational and that's the whole point. Because love is not something to be thought about, it's supposed to be felt. It eliminates any reasoning, it defies logic. Hindi natin ito dapat intindihin, ito ay dinadama.

Your heart has as much as ability as your brain. The latter can store and process loads of information in a nanosecond but your heart can do the unthinkable. It can do wonders our mind can never comprehend.

Liam is an agent. He has been to missions. Bullets rained on him, countless of times he was bruised in combats, he scaled heights, he manuevered copters and swirled hundreds of feet above the ground and yet none of this would tantamount to the challenge that he was about to face.

A choice.

A choice of a lifetime. Will it be Anne or CL? Both loves him. Malaki ang puwang ng mga ito sa kanyang buhay. This a turmoil in his heart. Whom to keep, whom to let go. The international forces taught him to be wise, cunning and strategic but all these trainings would do him no good. His little pumping organ must take over.