UNKNOWN

'I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.'

-Paper Towns

.
.
.
.
.

I love how the stars will look brighter in the sea of darkness, how the wind will blow so carelessly to be free, how the grass will feel beneath my bare feet in a foreign land. I'm in love with people whose stories I am yet to uncover and paths I am yet to take, I'm in love with the idea of romance I have never even heard of, I'm in love with plot twists I don't know, cigarettes and alcohol I've never even tried. I'm in love with every single thing science is yet to prove on earth, the aliens, the existence of a higher being, the origin of every thing. I'm in love with the supernatural, the forgotten ones, the sixth sense and every, every single thing that was never explained to man.

I'm in love with you.

You who talked to me through an  unknown name, greeting me in an unknown language, in the most exquisite way.
I'm in love with your words I never fully understood and how tens of them are sent every second that passed by, I'm in love with how we both use emojis when we don't understand each other and how you sent a heart and told me it was accidental but you really wanted to give it to me nontheless. I have loved the mystery. I loved how we changed nicknames for each other to remove the 'unknown' name. I loved how we changed the emojis and the chat colors and recreated the whole chatbox into our own little world. I loved how words won't suffice to express how we felt for each other and how that was the strength of our relationship, of our friendship, of our ever so slowly growing love.

But how could that be our strength? How could that be our foundation?

You became busy with things, with other people, you told me stuff you know I can't relate to and told me stories I never fully comprehended. I used to love the oblivion of everything. I used to love things that I don't know.

But meeting you... getting to know you...

I have wished, for the first time in my life, to know, to comprehend, to understand.

And not just to love.

I wanted to know you, to read you like pages of the book that hasn't even escaped the authors hands yet, I wanted to know who you really were, your personality, your hobbies, your appearance, little things, bits and pieces of who you are, your flaws, dreams that you are yet to reach, your downfalls that made you who you are.

I wanted reasons. I wanted explanations. But how can I ask that when we both don't understand. When we are countries and times apart.

Why haven't you talked to me yet?

I fought so hard for the luxury of love I can't even afford.

I waited until the active now sign became seconds ago, minutes ago, hours ago, days ago...

I waited.

Until your username became '(unknown)' again.

And maybe that was the end.

-LMTF