2

jacob didn't care, did he?
he didn't always seem happy.
his knee was bouncing anxiously under the desk.
i wasn't paying attention in english class that day.
i shook my head, which tossed my curls all over my face. the bell rang showing that the school day is over. i take my backpack out of my locker i notice jacob standing alone in the hall. i walk over and stand near him, unlocking my phone and pretending to be texting friends. i don't have any. i notice jacob leaning in just enough to see my phone screen.
"what do you want?" i choke out, stumbling on my words slightly and look up at him. i've never got to see him so close up. he looks like an angel. his lips are perfectly plump and his eyes are green.
"we have classes together." his voice is beautiful.
"i know.."
"crazy that we already have an assignment already in english. it's only the third day of school!" wow. he's talking about school?
"i should probably go..." why is jacob suddenly interested in me?
"where are you going?"
i'm so confused by this point, but i don't mind. his voice is so beautiful.
"the park." he nods a bit to my answer.
"i'm going there as well. would you like to walk with me?"
my cheeks turn tomato red and get hot. why is he asking? does he even know my name? i just nod to his question, beginning to walk out of the school.