Harry stared at him, wondering why that dark-haired boy looked so familiar.

"Can't we at least audition to see who's better?" Harry asked, looking back at Leeroy now.

"You're better." Zayn spoke up.

"Than most, I know. But you're talking about right now, right?" Harry smiled.

Zayn got up, practically glaring at him.

"Guess straight A's don't mean you're intelligent." He found himself saying.

Harry's smiled faded. "Uh, yeah it actually does. What planet are you from?"

"Hopefully one where people like you can't survive." Zayn said coldly.

"People like me?" Harry frowned.

"Don't think too hard about it." Zayn mocked.

Harry slowly blushed with anger, staring hard at him.

"Wow." Leeroy said, biting his pen and constantly looking between Zayn and Harry.

"I know exactly what parts to give you two. Harry, you can be Matthew. Zayn, you're Cameron." Leeroy said.

The others standing around chuckled, making Zayn nervous.

"Who's Cameron to Matthew?" Harry frowned.

"His boyfriend." Leeroy grinned

"What about Isaac?" Harry asked.

"There is no Isaac. Cameron is Isaac." Leeroy clarified.

"Can't I be the father who bitches at him all the time?" Zayn asked.

"No, I think the parts I've given you will provide the most interesting show." Leeroy smiled, handing them their scripts.

"Everyone read over and practice amongst yourselves while I go make copies of the flyers I'm giving you!" Leeroy instructed before he left.

Harry looked at Zayn. "I don't know why you don't like me, but I want to get along with you. I want things to be okay, at least during this play."

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"What did I do?" Harry frowned.

"Breathed." Zayn muttered.

"Okay...fine you don't have to like me just maybe speak to me without sounding like you hate me?" Harry asked sharply.

"Nope." Zayn said, staring at him.

"What?" Harry frowned.

"I'll talk however I want." Zayn snapped.

"Look, don't ruin this play for me." Harry warned.

Zayn raised his eyebrows. "Oh? This matters to you? Guess acting in front of everyone on a daily basis isn't enough, is it?"

"You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Did you get a 2 on your English test also?" Harry asked.

A few people laughed, and Zayn's chest suddenly felt tight.

He was making eye contact with Harry, but not for long.

He couldn't even spit back an insult.

What was wrong with him?

Zayn eventually turned and walked off, going to sit down away from everyone else.

He'd never wanted to disappear more than he did now.

"That was pretty good Harry." A boy nearby chuckled, patting Harry's shoulder.

Harry inched away, feeling like he was going to be sick.

He could see the hurt in that boy's eyes.

Harry knew he shouldn't have said that.

He felt so guilty now he wanted to throw up.

But, he knew he couldn't let that show.

Harry made himself chuckle, shaking his head and flipping through the script.

He practiced with the group of boys that'd been standing near him, feeling pretty confident about this role.

Harry was actually pretty excited about it.

The only flaw was Zayn.

Harry sighed, looking over at him when they finished reading through the play.

There was no way he could act comfortably with that guy until he knew things were okay between them.

Harry didn't want anyone to hate him.

So, he put his script away and walked over to him.

"I didn't mean what I said earlier." Harry said quietly.

Zayn looked up at him, wanting to punch him in the mouth.

With a blowtorch.

"That was immature of me, and I'm not a hateful person. I apologize for what I said, and my actions. I don't want you to be angry with me, I'm truly sorry. So...truce?" Harry asked, extending his hand and smiling a little.

Zayn looked at Harry's hand before making eye contact again, regardless of his anxiety.

"Fuck you."