Chap. 15 "My heart was ripped out of my chest"

Start from the beginning

"Good Evening, I'm Thea as you all know," I paused for the claps that rained through the crowd again "...all of you were the lucky few who were able to pull through the harsh ways of spy school, there was 100,000 first then after the second cut there was 10,000, then 1,000 then lastly only 125 of you. You were the ones with the real talent you saw through the tricks and puzzles of and you deserve some appreciation for that" I was interrupted by one of the students who decided to give a holler.

"You young man do you think that was funny or necessary" I asked walking up to him. .

"Yeah, I mean you said it yourself we deserve some appreciation " he said looking at his friends laughing who were now pretending not to know him.

"So, by your means every time you eliminate a target you should get some reward then. Well I'm here to break it to you sunshine but that's not how it works in the real world. Once you graduate you're forced into the real world, you don't get stickers for every time that you do something right the only reward you get is getting to live one more day," I paused for the enormous amount of clapping coming from senior members not the students look scared shitless

"When I train you, there will not be a day when you are not aching and you're sore, true warriors are warriors because their training is fierce, harsh, and savage. A fighter feeds your body well, you train it, works on it. Where you lack knowledge, you study it. But above all you must believe you must believe in their strength of will, of purpose, of heart and soul." I paused to let that sink in.

The room was silent you could hear a pin drop.

"As an Agent people will tell you to fear, a storm. A storm they will call evil, violent. But in this agency you tell them, you are the storm"as I finished everyone clapped, forming a standing ovation. I walked off the stage and sighed. I had done it, I had finally given the speech that I had wished I could have done when I got mine. Ally and Freddy bursted through the double doors and wrapped me in a bear hug.

"You did so good" Freddy said

"You gave everyone goosebumps" Ally said into my shoulder

"Yeah but now it's time for us to celebrate" I said as I lead them them to the banquet hall.

When we got there is was decorated magnificently. It was elegantly themed with red and black everywhere. There was a large dance floor in the middle and one giant half-light half chandelier and my table was right under it.

 There was a large dance floor in the middle and one giant half-light half chandelier and my table was right under it

As one of the waiters passed I grabbed a glass of champagne.

"Let's get this party started" I said downing the whole thing and a sat it back on the tray.

The night was filled with people congratulating me and talking future job options with the higher ups. Later in the night Ethan stumbled over to me, he reeked of alcohol.