TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:SCARED TO DEATH

SCARED TO DEATH

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE," KEVIN said in resignation, grabbing the 'oh shit' handle tightly. Virginia turned to him, smirk in place as she took in his nervous antics. She pressed the pedal of the car harder, jolting the car into a faster speed and she laughed loudly as the boys surrounding her hollered in surprise.

She had managed to snag the keys of the red pick up truck from Kevin's hands. She had demanded the only way that they were leaving was if Virginia would drive. No one opposed this, mainly because no one knew how the young girl drove.

Maybe it was because she didn't go to drivers ed and her alcoholic mother taught her while drunk. Nonetheless, her driving was crazy. All the boys in the car were freaking out slightly, but trying to hide their fear. For manly reasons.

"We're here," Ginny chirped happily, slamming on the brakes as they finally ended up at their location. All the boys groaned in relief. Virginia frowned, turning around in her car seat to glare at the boys. Everyone clambered out of the car but Jughead who laughed at her pouting face.

"Your driving was fine, Gin." Jughead patted her shoulder with a grin, "maybe if you don't drive again that'd be good."

Ginny rolled her eyes, maybe she was an awful driving. But she wouldn't admit that out loud.

Virginia Hopkins was rarely selfish. She put others first before her and wanted to help Mr. Andrews. Archie had asked around to help his dad with construction after Mr. Blossom stole his crew.

"What is this?" Mr. Andrews asked his son, confused to see his son not at school... where he was supposed to be. Ginny and Jughead hopped out of the car to help, Jughead placing yellow hardhats on top of his petite friend with a grin.

"Your new crew, reporting for duty." Archie told his dad with a smile, motioning towards his friends proudly.

"I appreciate it, I do, but isn't there something more important you need to be doing? Like going to school, playing football?"

"We can work after practice and on weekends. Until you find a new crew. Help keep things on schedule." Archie was silent for a moment, waiting for his dad to reply. "Come on, Dad. I worked for you the whole summer. And these guys–"

"We're bruiser studs, Mr. Andrews. At least some of us are." Moose spoke up. Ginny had been surprised the jock had agreed to join but was nonetheless thankful he wanted to help. She noticed how his stare was sent to her and Jughead, but she ignored it.

"Come on. Desperate times, Fred, huh?" Veronica's mother, Hermione, told him.

Fred sighed, they were already there. "All right. Here we go." He motioned the group of teenagers to follow him and Ginny walked beside him.