FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:

DEADLY FINDS

GINNY HAD BEEN WORKING WHEN SHE HEARD what had happened without her. And now, she was with her friends, talking to Joaquin about why he was FP Jones one phone call.

Archie began the conversation. "We know FP used his call from jail to get in touch with you. What did he say?" Ginny recalled when Ms. Andrews had mentioned that to her, Arch, and Juggie.

"It was basically just a warning. Said to lay low." Joaquin told them, nervously watching the group interrogate him.

"No one uses their one call to say stay low." Archie muttered.

"Joaquin, do you know something? I'm not talking to you as your boyfriend, I'm talking to you as the sheriff's son. Did FP kill Jason?" Kevin spoke up and the chilling tone he used made Ginny freeze up. Kevin had always been happy but now, he was serious.

"Yeah. I mean, I—I assume." Joaquin eventually muttered.

"Oh, my God. Did you see him pull the trigger?" Kevin breathed out, disgust etched in his features.

"No, no. God, no." Joaquin's eyes widened in horror, holding his hands up in defence.

"Then why do you think he did it?"

"On July 11th, I got a phone call in the middle of the night from FP. Said he needed help with some clean-up job at the Whyte Wyrm." Joaquin began and the teens surrounding him held their breath.

Ginny closed her eyes, knowing that Joaquin was deep in with the Serpents and would do whatever FP Jones wanted. That's why Joaquin rarely spoke to Ginny– probably because he knew the shit that happened between her and his gang leader.

"What job?"

"The basement of the Whyte Wyrm is off limits to everyone, but that's where I met FP, and that's where I saw–He'd been shot. I never asked FP if he did it. I just–I mean, I was terrified. I just assumed. We stashed the body in the freezer, cleaned up the mess, got rid of any evidence."

Ginny clutched to the chair she was sitting on, wondering what the hell made FP Jones kill a teenage boy? Was it because of her? Was it because Jason was planning to tell the police?

"You are a criminal." Kevin said, disgusted, as he stared at his boyfriend. He thought he knew who Joaquin was, but he was wrong.

"Joaquin, FP has done jobs for my dad, Hiram Lodge, in the past. Do you think killing Jason was one of them?" Veronica stepped forward, ready to question about the one thing nagging her.