Chapter 20: Death by Post-It

It's the chapter everyone's been waiting for, yethave some how unexpected. Without further adieu, I present to you, ladies and gents...the beginning of one hell of alandslide. <3

P.S- Please read the message at the bottom of the chapter!

~Until I realize, that it was you who held me under. ~Shaking through my skull my spine and down through my ribs. ~No more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone. ~And I could hear the thunder and see the lightening crack.

*********************************************************************

“It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.”
― Leo Tolstoy, The Kreutzer Sonata

***************************************************************************************************************

My response to his question just wasn't good enough. And ignoring him just wasn't an option. He'd just press, and put my buttons until I spilled all of my secrets, I knew it. But I still pulled my cheek to the side, turning away from him as Death himself moved close to me on the sofa.

If he wasn't going to tell me anything about him, why should I have told him about Gabriel?

Death snorted, a vicious sound. "Are you really going to play this game with me now, sweet-heart? Because if so, maybe next time you slam your head against the ground, I'll leave you there."

He's trying to make me feel bad. Don't let him faze you.

"There's nothing to say, Death. Please, don't start anything." I repeated the response, just not exactly to him. I was staring at the television.

"I'll make you a deal." He draped his arm behind my neck. The heaviness of his arm made me keenly aware of just how strong he really was, how easily he could crush a human. "I'll give you whatever you want, if you speak now, Cupcake. Anything"

Deal.

I instantly turned to him at that shocking statement. Hadn't he made enough deals with me, with my life? As I felt the heat of his leather-covered hand craw up my leg, his long gloved finger like lit matches through my sweatpants I pictured the dream I had of the market, where Death made a deal with my Mother.

There was no way I was telling him jack-squat.

"No. Get your hand off of me," I snapped, giving his hand a quick whack

"You have nice legs. I'm simply admiring them." The sentence made me blush, especially since he had moved closer to me. The move was small, but noticeable as I could see the outline of--what I believed to be his own muscular, long legs. '

Why am I staring at his leg, of all places?

"Haven't you thought about us kissing again?" Death asked by my ear, voice husky. I know how you feel around me. I can hear that pattering heart in your chest whenever I'm around. I'll kiss, if you tell."

I tried to look as relaxed as possible. It wasn't exactly working, but it would do. Every viber of my body wanted to jump on that giant man-snuggie. "My heart pounds because I'm filled with anxiety all the time, because you're a frustrating person."

"You're filled with anxiety around me?" His pompous, rhetorical, and sarcastic question made me go red in the face before he even finished. "I thought you liked it when I made you nervous..."

I snorted. "Knock it off with the sarcasm. We both know you enjoy making me feel as uncomfortable--"

"Must I remind you, I'm not human, Faith? I'm walking sex. You're going to feel obligated to be close to me. To a young, single girl like you, I'm a piece of juicy meat with a side of mac and cheese. By continuing to push me away, you are simply pushing away those strong, natural, and undeniably cheesy emotions towards me. Why not take some action on those feelings?" The persuasiveness of his voice made my stomach do a back flip. He crawled his fingers up my arm like a hungry spider. "All you have to do...is tell me about your little meeting with Gabriel."