Chapter 6: Humorless

~Vote!  WATCH THE EXTENDED TAILER TO THE RIGHT!!

You're welcome btw because I just gave away a lot in that vid that you guys are dying to know. (It's not that bad I just want you to watch it)!

I bet you won't know what my favorite part is in the Trailer too. (Look closely.)  ;)

*******************************************************************************************************

I was going to do it, I swear, I just needed a little leeway was all.

Maybe a shove? Could air shove someone? Well of course it could! Wind was strong enough to move cars...

Problem was, there wasn't any breeze in that office unless someone passed gas, which by the way, thankfully hadn't happened once since I worked at Devin & Son. 

I would do it on the count of four just to get it over with. Most likely, I would explode myself, the building, or discover David Star was a double agent involved in the Russian Mofia. Hey, David definitely had the change of blonde hair thing going on. Maybe it was a cover up so nobody would suspect him of sniping his business rivals across the street.

Blonde people did get the easy way out...

Either way, I would discover something new, something more about this strange office.

My eyes darted from side to side. I could have stopped. My hand was discretely under the desk, blocked from the camera, he never would have found out.

Here we go Faith. We can do this.

One…

Two…

Three--

“Having fun?”

I jumped up and skidded backwards in the chair so far I thought I would fly out of the window at the deep voice. The chair hit something and I saw two large hands lean against the arm of the chair from behind, and David’s upside down face as I slowly melted down the chair in embarrassment and onto the floor.

I got up before I collapsed onto the ground and fidged with my hands. They went from my hip to my hair, to adjusting my shirt in jerky movements. “I didn’t do it! I couldn’t! ” I burst out.

David spun around his office chair and plopped down into it. He laughed and motioned to the papers on his desk. “I honestly have never met anyone who’s scared of a copier machine,” he said and with that grabbed the stack of papers and tapped them on the desk to make them even.

My eyebrows lifted in confusion. “Wait…what?”

“I wanted you to copy these papers. I thought maybe you would have done them,” David said slowly and took the post-it note off the stack of papers and showed it to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Oh thank God.” He didn’t know I found the button or that I was trying to snoop around his desk.

 I swiped my hand down my slightly sweaty face and took note of David’s little smile that was on his face as he was scrolling through his computer.

I frowned. Why was he so perky? “So yeah, you disappeared out of thin air?” I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

His eyes stayed glued to the screen. “Yup.”

“And you were wincing in pain…?”

David put his head in his hand and bit his lip as he read over something on the screen. “Yes Miss Sherlock. I had to check on someone who was trying to contact me.”