Chapter 33: Can't A Guy Propose?!

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, in the middle of the conversation, Kukai stood up from his seat. His plate was in his hands and he made his way to the kitchen. Everyone stared at the empty seat and wondered what Kukai was up to.

"What's with him?" asked Ran as she faced Daichi.

Daichi looked at everyone's confused expressions with a grin and spoke "Let's just say that Kukai has…plans for today."

"Plans?" said Nagihiko a bit shocked "This early?"

"Well, he's always been on time hasn't he?" said Daichi, his grin never leaving his features.

"Something's up right?" asked Rima knowingly.

"You can say that. Don't worry though…he'll tell you when he gets back." Assured Daichi, he already knew from the beginning what Kukai was up to.

"Hey I'm back….and I'm about to leave too." Said Kukai with a smile as he emerged from the kitchen. "Don't worry though, I washed the plate and utensils that I used, I didn't want to pin any extra work here."

"And where, may I ask, are you going Souma-kun?" asked Nagihiko with a smile "That is, if you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, that." Replied Kukai, he thought about it for a bit and then he gave them an answer "Well, after coming here…I was planning to go to the palace."

"The palace?" asked Rima in shock "But didn't you say… 'the royals wanted their privacy?'"

"Yeah I did." Replied Kukai.

"Okay…I'm lost." Replied Ran with a confused look.

"So am I. I thought I couldn't see Ikuto." Said Amu as she looked at Kukai confused.

"You can't." he replied.

"Then how come you can go to the palace Kukai?" asked Dia "If Amu-chan can't go…then why can you?"

"You can say Kukai's appearance in the palace today was made via special request." Said Daichi.

"Special request?" asked Miki. "Care to elaborate and explain what that means?"

"Well, Utau told me to come over today. She told me not to bring anyone else with me though. For some reason, she told me to go alone." Replied Kukai with a nervous smile, he knew what was going to happen next…

"WHAT?" everyone, except Daichi was in the brink of shock.

"Utau told you to go alone?"

"What's going on?"

"Kukai! Why'd you keep this from Yaya!"

"I knew something like this was coming…."

"Come on Kukai! Tell us!"

Kukai sweat dropped with everyone bombarding him with all these random questions. Nagihiko laughed nervously as he looked at the faces of the excited girls around him. It's been a while since the mansion gave such a fuss like this.

"Calm down…jeez…" said Kukai with a laugh.

"Don't you dare tell us to calm down." Said Ran with a grin "I bet this is just some way and excuse so you and Utau-chan could spend some quality time together."

"That's true. With everything that's happened and all." Agreed Miki with a nod.

"What?" asked Kukai.

"Don't deny it either." Most of the girls replied in unison.

"H-hey now…" started Kukai "It's nothing like that…"