Chapter 12: Getting Lost & Long Time No See

Getting Lost & Long Time No See

It's been a few days since the encounter with Kairi. Miki was in the gardens along with Su, Ran and Dia. They were wondering how Amu was doing. So far, the only thing they've got from Kairi that helped was that the Yamabukis didn't know that Amu was with the royals, and that she was being taken care of.

"You think they'll find out about Amu-chan?" asked Ran silently

"Can you not think that way Ran? It's kind of making things worse. Let's not think of this backfiring on us again. We've had enough bad luck." Said Miki, thinking negatively on things was the last thing any of them needed right now.

"I can't help it. I'm worried about Amu-chan." Said Ran

"We all are~desu, but worrying to much wont help either." Said Su with a smile, as she made some tea while waiting for the others to arrive.

"Plus I don't know how long we can put up this act." Ran said, and she was right. It's only been a few days, but to them it felt like they've been acting for weeks. Now that they knew where Amu was, they wanted to see her, real bad.

"We all miss her Ran, so for her sake we have to make sure they don't find anything suspicious with our actions." Said Dia calmly

"That wouldn't be so hard…." Said Miki. She doubted that the Yamabukis could ever figure anything out on their own without somebody making it obvious or telling them about it.

"That's true, considering this is Saaya were talking about here." Rima's voice came in hearing range and when they all turned around, she was right there only a few steps away from them, and Nagihiko was right beside her.

"Rima-chan and Nagi~desu! You're here!" said Su excitedly

"Hia, gomene we were late today, but since everything that's happened most of us had to do twice the work." Said Nagihiko

"Ah, no surprise there." Replied Miki and then she asked "So? Where are they?"

"If you mean the evil witch and her mom, then they're all gone for now." Said Rima. Saaya and Lady Yamabuki have been taking many leaves from the mansion ever since Amu's disappearance.

"Are they trying to find her again?" asked Dia with worry

"Yes, but there's no need for that look Dia." Assured Rima

"But what if they do figure it out~desu?" asked Su with the same worried tone

"They wont. Because of Kukai and Daichi's help, they'll tell us right away if there's been some complications around town." Said Nagihiko "Not to mention Yaya-chan, Tamari-oneesan and Rhythm-san."

"Right, we're all prepared. Plus that Kairi guy told us not to panic." Said Rima

"Sanjo-san might really be able to help in our account." Said Nagihiko "Nobody else knows him but us, so it's a big advantage."

"The help from the royals is another thing. That's not something we get everyday." Said Miki. She also thinks that Kukai's connection with Utau is something they got lucky with.

"All we have to do is stay calm and at most, do our part." Said Nagihiko "I'm sure everything will be back to normal in time."

"Don't worry about Saaya, she'll never figure this out on her own. She's as dense as a rock. The only reason we got caught the last time was because someone told her about it." Said Rima

"I'm not sure I want things back to normal though…." Muttered Miki

"Eh? But what about Amu-chan? Are we just going to leave her there Miki? We can't do that!" said Ran