Chapter 23 : The Final Task

Walking into the arena smiling, still thinking about last week : The Yule Ball.

George wouldn't leave my thoughts and I didn't want him to but. . .Cedric, the moment I shared with him.

George was collecting bets with his brother his eyes lands on me and he winks, I smile back.

Hermione grabs my hand pulling me into the stands.

George and I don't loose eye contact Fred walks over to him and claps him over the back of the head, George then proceeded to give out bets, a grumpy look on his face.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the Tri-Wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory. . ." Dumbledore says, the crowd cheers and Cedric waved his smile charming.

Wait. . .Did I just think charming ? This can't be happening. Not to me. I'm in a relationship with George. Is it really a relationship though ?  I thought, Cedric smiled at me and I politely smiled and waved back.

"And Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum. . ." Hermione and I started cheering for Harry and Hermione began cheering louder.

'Krum, Krum, Krum' chanted from the crowd.

He waves to the crowd and spots Hermione, blowing her a kiss.

Hermione catches it and begins to blush, I nudge her and she covers her cheeks in embarrassment.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round" Dumbledore says, the band continuing to play.

Fred and George soon joined Hermione and I. Ron soon walks over sitting next to Fred who is beside Hermione. George next to me, he places his hand on top of mine.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves" Mad Eye says.

Cedric hugs his father and waves goodbye to the crowd holding eye contact with me, I wave to him.

I feel my cheeks begin to heat up slightly.

"On the count of three. . .ONE. . ." Dumbledore says, a cannon goes off.

Mr Filch just shrugs and Dumbledore groans placing his hand onto his temple, Harry and Cedric enter the maze at their own entrance with their houses flags.

They enter and the hedge closes behind them, the other champions enter soon after.