Chapter 8 : The Names Of The Champions

Thursday night, everyone gathered into hall where the goblet placed anxious to hear who will be chosen for the Tri-Wizard tournament. I sat next to Pansy facing the goblet, she gave Hermione a sneer as Hermione turns her head in disgust.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore spoke, approaching the blue flamed goblet.

The goblet's flame turns red a piece of parchment flies out, he catches it. Everyone craning their necks to try and get a look at the name on the parchment.

"The Durmstrang champion is. . ." Dumbledore says, he reads the parchment "Viktor Krum!" He announces, everyone cheers and Viktor moves down the aisle giving Hermione another smile and enters a back room. Another name flies out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons. . ." Dumbledore says unfolding the parchment taking a moment to read the name "Fleur Delacour" He says, the Beauxtons girls cheer and Fleur walks towards the back room.

The final piece of parchement flies out of the goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion. . ." Dumbledore says for the third and final time reading the parchment "Cedric Diggory" He speaks.

Cedric stands up giving me a quick smile, I clap slowly and roll my eyes.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore says, everyone cheering in excitement. 

The goblet then glows red once more and a name flies out.

Dumbledore turns around and grabs the parchment reading it slowly, everyone waits in anticipation to see who it is.

"Harry Potter. Harry Potter ?" He calls out quietly at first.

"No. . .No. . ." I gasp under my breath, everyone turns towards the Gryffindor table.

Harry is frozen in fear.

"Harry Potter!" He calls out, loosing his patience.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake" Hermione says edging him forward, he slowly stands up and walks towards Dumbledore.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet" A boy calls out from the end of my table. I turn to Hermione, she looks at me with complete worry. I bite my lower lip in worry thinking to myself :

'Harry what have you done ?'