Chapter 10: Bricks and Stones, break your bones

Bubbles was walking along the side walk one her way to school the next day. She wasn't at the school grounds yet so their weren't any people she knew around. Her foot hit a stone, she twirled around once and dropped her books. She was head towards the concrete and she close her eyes fearing the scrapes and rips she would get, but her arms seemed to stop falling along with the rest of her and then there was a sudden jerk! "Are you okay?" The person whom had caught her asked. "Yeah, i think so." she answered. He stood her back up and continued walking. Bubbles bent down to retrieve her books then realized the young man whom had caught her looked quite familiar. She nearly dropped her books again but managed to just tip them slightly. She looked around for the boy in the red jacket and ball cap. She spotted the red cap and rushed towards it as swiftly as she could.

He turned into a dark hallway between two buildings, it was damp and there were a few puddles. He Mary Jane shoes had been scuffed up but she didn't care as much as she would normally, he was on to someone, some one who would hate her if they had known who they had just caught. "Stop!" She called after him. He turned around and they made eye contact, all bubbles could really see was his eyes, the rest of his face was covered by a shadow. She could tell he was afraid, but she could tell if it was fear of her or something els. None the less he took off running. "No stop!" Bubbles shouted tearing off after him. But he only seemed to get further away. Soon all she could she was his silhouette, then he vanished.

Bubbles stopped and just stood for a few minutes. "Could it have been him?" Bubbles asked herself. The she gasped. "I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" She shrieked. She tore off towards the nearest exit of the back road she was on.

She ran the whole way to school and toppled into the class room and took her seat. Mrs. Kean didn't bother reprimanding her though, she could tell Bubbles was upset she was late. "Okay class, the formal dance is in one week from today, to is Friday, if you don't get a date by Wednesday, we will partner you with someone els, wether you like them or not, so I suggest you hurry up and choose." Mrs. Kean announced and Blaze rolled her eyes.

The class went on, and on, and on. Lunch finally rolled around and of course everyone went an sat with their clicks. "Who are you going to ask?" One of the guys asked Brad. "Well I have two in mind, but I can't choose." He answered. "Well, just tell us both." Randy suggested. "I was thinking Buttercup, or Blaze but-" "I guess you can ask Buttercup, I asked Blaze this morning and she said yes." Randy interrupted Brad. "Then why is she still up for grabs on the board?" Brad asked. "She was so excited she forgot to take it down I guess." Randy shrugged. "Oh okay." Brad answered. He wasn't too upset, he like buttercup just as much, but he didn't get the impression Blaze would be so excited she would forget something, but he shrugged it off.

He walked over to Blossom and Buttercup and for some unknown reason Blossom looked as If she was about to explode. He walked next to Buttercup, "Hi B-buttercup?" He made it more of a question then a statement. "Sup Brad?" Buttercup asked nonchalantly. "I was wondering, I mean, if you wanted to, what I'm asking is, willyougotothedancewithme?!" He asked so quickly his words sounds d mixed together. "Sure." Buttercup answered, she'd rather settle for someone like him then someone who would e hanging all over her. "Wow, thanks, I'll see you Monday then!" He smiled, behind his settle smiled his was blowing up inside.

Mean while Bubbles and Blaze were chatting. "Going with anyone to the dance yet?" Bubbles asked. "Not yet, I think I'll just wait for the default" Blaze shrugged. "But that's no fun." Bubbles sighed. "What do you expect me to do? Walk up and ask a guy myself?!" Blaze yelled playfully and they both started to laugh. "I guess you're right." Bubbles agreed. Soon they were the only two in the hallway. Blaze looked up and there was no one. "Uhh, Bubbles? We're late." Blaze announced. "WHAT?!" Bubbles shrieked. "Lets go!" Bubbles shouted. "I still need my books, cya there, tell Mrs. Kean I'll be right there." Blaze sadly said. "Okay, but hurry!" Bubbles shouted running off.

Blaze grabbed her books and dropped off the left overs of her lunch. She turned down a hallway that's never used, as a short cut. The lights were out and she was in a hurry. She came to the end of it and turned the corner. Only a few seconds passed after she turned, her grey hoodie was pull back and her hair was freed but her bang was still in her face. She hated when people mess with her hood, she never took it down unless she had to. She turned around and it was if her eyes had fire in them. "Don't you know that you never touch my hood?!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. Then it was like her heart stopped. "What are you doing here?!" She asked with fury and fear. "We have a score to settle." He smiled. "W-with me? I'm just-" "hey don't play dumb with me! Remember, I have information that can ruin your quiet gloomy life! Your alter ego is at steak" He hissed. "Nobody will believe you!" She glared getting in his face. "Whoa whoa whoa! Ever heard of personal space?" He asked backing away. "Yes! And I like plenty of it! You'd better not try an pop my bubble." She glared pulling her hood back up. "You mean like this?" He asked poking her nose. "Okay, that was the last straw." Blaze stated. She dropped her back pack and summer salted between his legs and stood up behind him and bent his arm backwards. "Don't you EVER touch my face again BRICK!" Blaze hissed.

"Okay okay, man even when you're not a puff you're aggressive!" He wined. "Say that again and your arm will be broken, and don't think I won't." She threatened. "Oh i know you would. Your heart is a rock!" Brick spat. She bent his arm a tad more and Brick basically screeched. "You might want to stop insulting me, or I'll insult your crooked arm." She threatened. "Okay okay." He whimpered. "What do you want?" She asked. "I want answers." He answered. "You won't get 'em." She replied. "Yeah I, i think I got that." He wined. "Get outta here." She demanded shoving him away. He nearly lost his balance and did a face plant but regained it and scurried off.

She slimed, his arm is pod only sore, all she suffered was her wrist somehow was cut, she shrugged it off it didn't hurt much. Besides she didn't have time to put a bandaid obit she wanted to, she quickly grabbed her back pack and ran to class.

Chemistry flew by, book Chemistry. No fun test tubes or bottles. It. Was. Boring.

Gym class finally rolled around and Blaze was wearing a orange head band, a grey tank top and black shorts was orange highlights. Blossom was in a white tank top with pink shorts and of course, her bow. Bubble was also in a white tank top, with grey shorts and buttercup was wearing a black tank top and black shorts. Class ended and they wee all panting, they had a substitute and he was hard core. They changed and and we're headed out of school. "Hurray weekend!" They all shouted.