Chapter 6: Where Is 'It'?

“You’ll make it much easier for yourself if you just co-operate.” The large man snarled, his face so close to mine that I could feeling his stale breath tickling the inside of my nose. It had been fifteen minutes already and still, I was no closer to finding out what was going on.

“I’ve told you everything I know.” I insisted, squirming against the ropes which tied me to a chair in the middle of the foul smelling room. “I don’t understand what you want from me.” I pleaded in terror as I felt his grip tighten on my left shoulder. Tears resumed falling down my face rapidly.

“I’ll ask you one more time.” He spat, “Where did he hide it?”

“Hide what? I don’t understand what you’re talking about.” I sniffed.

“She said that he’d only give it to the people he trusts the most. She said if we found him with anyone then they’d know where it is.” He shouted, obviously running over out loud what ‘she’ had said to him.

“Who’s she. I’m really confused. I don’t even know Gerard personally.” I pleaded desperately. They must have got the wrong person.

“Shut up you stupid bitch. I know your lying.” He screamed into my face. “I know you’re lying. Now tell me where he put it.” The large man took a step back and put his hand on his hip. “Did Gerard Way give it to you? Did he?” He demanded rudely.

“No. I don’t know what ‘it’ is. Please let me go.”

“If you’re going to refuse to cooperate we’ll just do this everyday until you do.” The man spoke again, more softly, taunting me as he untied me from the chair and continued to pull me out of the damp room.

The cold metal door opened again to reveal Gerard lying on the floor, his jacket still around his ankles.

“Same time tomorrow, little girl. Let’s hope you’re more willing then.” The man snapped before pushing me inside, slamming the door and locking it.

I shuddered at the sound of metal on metal as the lock screeched against the door frame and look over as Gerard sat up wearily.

“I was worried.” He spoke quietly.

“So was I.” I admitted, still shaken by the experience of the past hour. I allowed my trembling legs to carry me across the length of the dim room, and sat beside him silently.

“Liana?”

“Yes Gerard?” I replied.

“What’s number one on your bucket list?” He asked innocently, pushing his legs up to his chest to hug them tightly.

“Why’d you ask?”

“You said you crossed off number two yesterday in the van, but what’s number one? Sorry to be intrusive, I’m just curious.” He stumbled on his words a little.

“It’s fine.” I insisted. “If you want to know, number one is to meet my Dad.” I explained.

“Oh, that’s cool.” Gerard gave me a small smile and opened his mouth. I expected him to burst into another question but he soon shut his lips again.

No noise followed, it was almost deafening.

About an hour later he spoke again: “What happened?” Two words I didn’t want to hear.

“I don’t know.” I spoke honestly, my voice rough from not being used in a while “He just asked me lots of threatening questions about things I don’t understand.” I shrugged, trying to act fine. Underneath I was anything but. I was confused and dazed by the whole situation. But one thing I did know. Gerard knew what ‘it’ was and soon I was going to find too.

“Strange,” Gerard commented.

“Gerard.” I started. “I need to ask you something personal.”

“Okay…” He asked a little unsure.

“This is going to sound weird but that man, he kept asking about where ‘it’ is hidden and about how: ‘If he was found with anyone then they’d know where it is’.” I started hesitantly, seeing the look of confusion plastered on Gerard’s pale face.

“Who is ‘he’?”

“I think ‘he’ is you Gerard.” I replied nervously. “I think you’ve got ‘it’ or whatever they’re looking for and apparently ‘she’ or some woman has told these men that if you are found with anyone then they’ll know where ‘it’ is too. I’m sorry to inform you but I think that I’ve been mistaken for knowing about this when I don’t and now they think I know where ‘it’ is.” I stopped to breathe before continuing. “Tell me Gerard, what is ‘it’? What do you have which is so bloody valuable that men go round kidnapping innocent people to get it. Because if I’m going to die in this godforsaken place for withholding information from those men, I’d at least like to know what I’m supposed to be telling them about.” I finished with a cough.

“I, uhhr, I.” Gerard stammered.

“Well?” I was beginning to feel more and more like my mother, an excellent moaner with a habit of pushing the blame onto anyone but herself.

“I don’t understand. I don’t have anything these men could want.” He replied tentively. “I don’t understand.” He repeated.

“Me neither.”

“Let’s leave it and we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Maybe a new day will shine a new light on it?” He pondered out loud.

“By God I hope so.” I muttered.

“Me too.” He agreed and then another comfortable blanket of silence fell across the room.

______________

Hello people of Wattpad!

Thank you for waiting so long for this update. I've re-written this chapter so many times, and I'm still not 100% happy with it. 

Just to warn you, this story is about to get good, in my opinion, in the next few chapters. So if you found this update shitty, I'm sorry, but keep reading. (:

Thanks for all the fans, comments, votes and just general reads. It's lovely to get them all and it gives me more motivation to write. 

See you soon (:

-Y