-Prologue

P. R. O. L. O. G. U. E.

A field.

Flowers bloom.

Grass sways.

Wind blows.

The sky shines.

Always.

My field is always here and it's always the same. Untouched until I arrive. I visit it every night. Whenever I get the chance. My tree, it stands in the middle of my field. The seasons never change. The leaves never fall. The flowers never stop growing and blooming. The wind never stopping its soft blows. The sun always shines and the sky is always a bright blue.

I remember the day I first arrived here and the emotions that ran through my veins.

A little boy was running around the field, laughing and holding a little plane in his hand. He looked happy and carefree; the sun hit his golden hair and the wind blew it in all directions. He was wearing a snow white sleeveless t-shirt and faded blue overalls with matching blue sneakers. When he saw me, he stopped playing and started walking towards me with a smile. This child couldn't have been more than seven years old and for some reason I felt like this child intimidated me.

I stood there shyly in the very middle, of the field not knowing where I was or why I was here and who was this little boy.

The field had been empty of people or animals, only me and this little boy.

"Hi!" He said to me, startling me from my thoughts.

I looked at the little boy now standing in front of me, his head raised to meet my eyes. He was still wearing that happy smile and holding the small airplane by his side.

"Don't worry," he told me and reached for my hand.

I reached back to take his hand without even thinking. I blinked at him, wondering what he meant for me not worrying. I was just confused, but this is another dream, right?

He led me with him; him in front and me behind, trailing along, hand in hand.

"Do you want to know where you are?" He asked, turning back to look at me for second.

I only nodded in response. It felt like I couldn't speak at all. My mouth just wouldn't open to communication, feeling like it was glued shut.

He finally led me to the only tree that stood in the field. "This is all yours."

My eyes went wide. How could this be mine? I'm in a dream so...I guess it was mine? Only for a while because I wouldn't have this dream again probably.

"Would you like to make your own dreams?"

I nodded. Oh why not. This is my dream.

"You can use your imagination. Make any dream!" He yelled the last part happily.

Then he disappeared, vanished into thin air and in place was an album with blank paper leaning against the tree and a pencil right beside it.

I hesitantly picked up the album and pencil and flipped to the very first page. The only thing there on the page was a sticky note attached which said:

For your ideas. Create.

And that was how my story really began. In this magical field with a single tree and the never changing summer.

-------------------

I know its short but that's all I wanted to use in my prologue :). Please tell me your thoughts. Vote and comment!