Chapter Twenty Two - "Young"

As we walk among these shadows, in these streets, these fields of battle,

Take it up, we wear the medal, raise your hands with burning candles.

Hear us whisper in the dark, in the rain you see the spark.

Feel the beating of our hearts, fleeting hope as we depart.”

Chapter Twenty Two - “Young”

BALT

                No-one knew where to go, or where to start.  We were in No Man's Land, in a bar that was quite far from where the warehouse was at, waiting for Henry.  Where the fuck was he?  He was meant to be here a few minutes ago but still hadn't arrived.  I'd told him it was an emergency and to bring his goons but no.  Still late, as per usual.  You would have thought he'd listen to me, seeming as I was more powerful and higher ranked than he was.

                “He's not going to come.  This was a useless idea.”  Blondie snapped.  I rolled my eyes at her.  Unfortunately, Emily or Harmony couldn't have come.  Harmony had said that she needed to look after Emily and so I was to be lumped with Blondie and Gustav.  Bernadette and Marcus had stayed hidden, incase any problems showed themselves.  Saria still hadn't shown up and our suspicions (not that we weren't unsure of Saria's motives) were confirmed.  She'd definitely had something to do with Immi missing.  The problem was that because us demons had never shared secrets, no-one knew who she'd taken her to or what they were doing.  We were only guessing that Saria had taken Immi to Dimtri's crew because Bernadette was absolutely sure of it.

                “He will.  You don't know the rat like I do.”  I was confident that Henry would show up.  He'd either be too late or on the odd, and very rare, occasion too early.  He would never not show up, it would be disrespectful seeming as he was practically the runt of demons, and if he needed a favour... well.  If he needed a favour, he'd better show up.  If he knew what was good for him, then he would.

                “Ugh.  Why do I have to be here?  It's not like I'm needed and I don't fancy stinking like a serial killer.”  She whined.  Rolling my eyes, I looked at the door.  Other demons were coming through, but he wasn't.

                “Suck it up, princess.”  I snapped at her, before she could complain any more.  Not that I had already enjoyed the past half an hour of complaints.  “You want to save Immi?  This is what you'll do.  You'll sit here, and you'll shut up.  Capiche?”

                Blondie was silent and I took that as an agreement.  I wasn't in the mood for her complaints and high-pitched whining.  Dealing with it around everyone was one thing, when I was on my own?  It was a completely different situation and I wasn't going to put up with her shit.  No way!  They could get stuffed if they thought otherwise.

                The door chimed and I could practically feel Blondie stiffen.  If we were in here for a different reason, I probably would have laughed.  But it wasn't the right time.  Immi was in serious danger out there and we had no idea how much time she had left.  Bernadette said that they preferred to toy with the angels before attempting to even the possession or whatever they were calling it.

                A wry smile appeared on my face as the rat walked in, followed by three of his goons.  So, he'd finally shown up.  Still looking as dishevelled as ever.  His small, bony body quickly scrambled over to us.  Considering his appearance it wasn't a shocker that Blondie was scared of him.  His face was practically swollen and different shades of blue.  Cuts covered his face and he did walk with an ugly limp.  All in all, Henry was not a pretty sight to look at.