Chapter Twenty - "Hero"

Now that the world isn't ending, its love that I'm sending to you.

It isn't the love of a hero, and that's why I fear it wont do.

And they say that a hero can save us.

I'm not gonna stand here and wait.

I'll hold on to the wings of the eagle,

Watch as we all fly away.

Chapter Twenty - “Hero”

BALT

                As I woke up, I felt uneasy.  Something was wrong, very wrong.  For one, I couldn't see the gold string anymore and I could hear frantic shouting downstairs.  Even Marcus was shouting and he was normally extremely placid.  Barely raised his voice.

                Knocking on Immi's door, I called out for her.  I got no reply.  Considering that yesterday, she'd opened up to me I wasn't expecting her to suddenly shut off again.  It didn't seem like the sort of thing she'd do either, intentionally ignoring someone and hurting them.  She was too kind for that sort of thing.

                Tuning my senses, I could only feel a little bit of innocence but that wasn't what surprised me.  There was a lot of sin in the room.  That shouldn't have been there and definitely not enough to almost overpower Immi's innocence.  Barging through the door, my eyes sweeped across the room.  Immi wasn't here.  Her dress was folded and placed on the wooden box, and her shoes were neatly placed in front.  She wouldn't have left without putting on her clothes - she was embarrassed when I saw her in her jammies!

                Rushing out of the room, I went to the “planning” room.  Storming down there, I flung open the rotting door.  Everyone froze in their tracks and turned to me.  Immi wasn't here either, and weirdly enough, neither was Saria.  They wouldn't let Saria loose with Immi.  No-one was that dumb enough.  We'd all seen how Saria reacted to any angel.

                “Where's Immi?”  I demanded.  I wasn't going to skirt around the issue.  Immi was gone and I had a feeling Saria had something do with it but I wasn't sure.  She wouldn't break the contract, would she?

                “We–she–I...” Emily stuttered before taking a deep breath in.  She sounded fearful and I didn't blame her.  An angry demon wasn't the best type of demon to deal with.

                “Where.  Is.  She.”  I snarled my earlier words.  Someone was going to tell me and I didn't care how I was getting the information.  I'd take them all down if I had to.

                “Would you calm down?”  Marcus snapped.  I narrowed my eyes at him.  He wasn't worrying because his soul mate (who supposed to be dead until disproven a few days ago) was there with him.  Mine, on the other hand, was an angel who had no way of defending herself and was missing.  Not to mention the ultimate bitch from Hell was missing too.

                “We're looking for her, Balt.  We'll find her.  We protect our own.”  Harmony comforted me.  How was she going to find Immi?  She could be anywhere!

                “So where's Saria?”  I challenged them.

                “When I get my hands on that whore...” I heard Caroline mutter angrily.  I was slightly shocked at her use of words.  I thought angels were too innocent and good for that language?

                “Will you stop using such vile language!”  Harmony shrieked at her.  “You can say, or do, whatever you want on Earth as long as I don't see!  Although you should know better.”