Chapter Nine - "Heartburn"

"This moment that we're in,

Is slow and disappointing.

Time will never stand still forever.

If you take this chance we got,

And we'll make it beautiful,

If you'd take my word,

I’d be your savior.

Hold out your hand and lean upon me,

I’ll be the one to make you smile.

Hold out your hand and lean upon me,

I’ll be the one to make you smile again"

Chapter Nine - "Heartburn"

BALT

               Surprisingly enough, Immi's room was bland.  I expected her to have some pictures or maybe some books... but no.  There was an almost empty wardrobe and a bed.  Not even a picture of a winged family or of something "pure".  I wondered what the other angels' rooms were like.  Were they all as boring as this one?

               “So, er, this is nice.”  I said outloud. Immi turned and smiled slightly.  She then bounced on over to her bed and whilst jumping, twisted so she landed on her butt facing me.  She had a grin on her face.

               “Come on, sit.”  I guessed she either didn't hear me or wanted to ignore what I'd said.  Her grin faltered slightly as she realised I wasn't moving.  I shook my head slightly before making my way over there... like any normal person would.

               We sat in silence before she spoke up.  “You know, I wish I had some pictures up in here.”  I rose my eyebrows at her.  However, she wasn't looking at me, she was staring into space.  “It just feels a little empty.  Like no-one's really lived here.”

               I nodded at her.  I knew what she meant.  My room was full of crap.  “Why don't you get some?”  She laughed lightly.

               “I would but I don't really want to ask any of them.”  I frowned.  What was she on about?  Wouldn't they give her whatever she wanted?  “Well, I wouldn't mind asking Emily but... I feel like if she tells me something I'm not supposed to know – she'll get in trouble.  I don't want her to get in trouble, it seems like she's the only one who wants to help me.”

               “Harmony and Gustav want to help you out.”  Why was I defending them?  Sighing internally, I knew why.  I knew they were, even if it was a crap way of showing Immi – making a deal and not even telling her!  I suppose though, they couldn't exactly tell her without freaking her out.  I still didn't get why they didn't tell her she was an angel straight away.  They wouldn't have this problem.

               “Right.  Sure.”  She scoffed.  Looking over at her, I could see that their method wasn't working.  If they didn't tell her, she wouldn't trust them.  She wouldn't believe them and to an angel, trust was everything.  Their lives were partially based around trust and trusting each other...

               “They do... they just don't show it as well as they could.”  I told her truthfully.  I suppose they hadn't ever faced this problem before.

               “Then why won't they tell me anything about me?  I barely know anything...” she looked down before laughing humourlessly.  Turning to me, I could see how bad she felt.  “I don't even know how old I am!  How ridiculous is that?  Man, it sounds so bad.”