-Niall's a babe? [Chapter 2]

Start from the beginning

“Hey babe.”

A deep and husky voice spoke. I ran my gaze across the five now smiling boys and settled it on the bearer of the voice, I did know his name. He was my sister’s favourite out of the band that I didn’t know a lot about, but his name was Harry. And his hair was the first thing that caught my eye, and I almost laughed. It was somewhat worse than mine on a hot day, and that was saying something. I glared at him not saying anything and his cheeks when a slightly redder colour as a boy with chocolate brown hair clad in stripes and braces chuckled at Harry’s rejections, or rather just absence of reply. Either way, I was keen to get out of here ASAP. Greeting the ‘world’s biggest boy band’ in a revealing bikini was not on the agenda today and I didn’t intend it to be for much longer.

I let my glide over the other three I hadn’t looked at properly yet. Next to stripes was a taller boy with an olive skin tone and dark eyes, his hair was dark too and looked to be very well styled. Although good looking; he was a little too clean cut for my liking. I didn’t doubt that they were nice guys, I was just really enjoying being back at the beach for once and I’d still rather be there than here with these five celebrities who’s music genre didn’t exactly fit my liking. Next to styled hair was a shorter and  skinnier blonde boy with an IPhone hanging limp in his palm he smiled at me, and then gave styled hair a nudge in the ribs in which response, styled hair grinned at and gave him a nudge back. I worried for a second that this was some kind of boy code I wasn’t supposed to understand. But I brushed it off as I gave a small smile back to blondie and settled my gaze on the last one who was sat a little more idly than the rest giving me a slightly warmer and less…seductive (?) smile. I smiled back at him and noted his short brown hairstyle, I recognised him from my sister’s posters too but the only name I could place was Harry. Despite the many times my sister had attempted to ‘enlighten' me.

There was an awkward silence in which everyone just stared back at each other, me staring at the five teenage/young adult celebrities in front of me and them staring at me, my sister; staring at both parties. Although I was reposing of a singular party, I stood my ground for a slightly intimidated seventeen year old trying to enjoy a quiet afternoon by the beach away from the havoc of a boy band, but apparently, the cards had been dealt and they weren’t on my side today. There were slight chuckles and head shakes as styled hair got up and sauntered casually over to me, he gave me a toothy smile and I just stared back at him slightly worried for my own personal space here. He held out his hand and for a moment I just looked at it and then a beat later realised I was supposed to shake it, so I did so. Letting him enclose his fingers around mine I noted how much bigger and muscular it was around mine, small hands and well…everything had been something I had inherited from my Auntie. It was like a trademark.

“Hi, I’m Zayn. And you are?” He grinned now releasing my hand and slipping his hands coolly into his pockets keeping his smile present. Again; a little too clean cut for my liking.

“Ashley.” I said with a lot less enthusiasm than he had endured. At this stripes and one-on-the-end who I didn’t have a name for since he looked pretty normal to me started chuckling at Zayn aka styled hair. I sighed and looked past Zayn to my sister who was giving me a look of warning. Apparently I hadn’t approached this situation the right way, good.

“Where’s the thing I need to sign then?” I asked her and she bit her lip suppressing a smirk. This wasn’t good. I could see out of the corner of my eye they were all watching me, watching us, watching this sister to sister conversation fold out in front of them. Through all this I tried to not feel self-conscious with five attractive boy’s glares on my rather revealed body. I tuned them out as I glared at my sibling waiting for her answer, aka my ticket out of here, a one way ticket.