Four.

Sorry for this late update. I just had some inspiration. this is over 2400 words, its gonnnnnaaa be sooooo looooonnngggg.

Four. 

          I pace around my house, wondering what the hell I'm going to wear to this date. It's sort of cold outside, for Miami at least, but it's also still pretty since, you know, it's Miami. I pull out my phone and check the weather app, seeing that right now it's 63 degrees. I bite my lip and think of my possibilities, but there's so many more things to question. 

"Fuck it" I walk back upstairs to my room, and towards the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the water and get it to the right temperature before undressing from my pajamas that I've been wearing literally all day and stepping inside. 

The water seems to calm my nerves slightly, and I'm able to think about how this date could go without wanting to chew my nails off. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. None of my relationships have ever worked out, and I'm worried this will be another one. 

Oh my god, listen to me, I'm already thinking far ahead. I don't even know if this date is going to go well. 

I make my shower quick, hoping that Ethan is still asleep safely. I step out and wrap a towel around my body. I walk to my room, shutting the door behind me. I turn on my straightener to allow it to heat up while I look through my closet for clothes. 

I find a beige sweater and shrug, tossing it onto my bed, and grab a pair of distressed light wash jeans, and throw them with my sweater. I walk to my drawers and pull out a black bralette and a matching pair of underwear, putting them on and dropping my towel. I throw on my sweater, and sit in front of the mirror, beginning to straighten my hair so I don't burn the house down by leaving it there too long. 

Once I'm done with my hair, I rub some lotion on my legs, before grabbing my jeans and pulling them on. I grab a thin brown belt and put that on as well, not wanting to have any wardrobe malfunctions at any point during the night. 

I sit back down at my mirror and begin to apply my make up, going with a simple brown toned eye, an on point highlight and contour and a bold red lip. I shake my hair out lightly in the mirror, not wanting it too look over done. 

I look at myself in my mirror, and nod.

"It's missing something" I tap my finger against my chin. I snap my fingers and grab my gold watch, putting it on my wrist "Better" 

My phone buzzes on the table beside me and I pick it up, seeing Austin texted me telling me he's on his way and will be here in twenty minutes. I reply with an 'okay' and slide my phone into my back pocket, taking a deep breath and walking to my closet.

I grab a pair of black flats and carry them down the hall, opening the door to Ethan's room. As I open the door he blinks his eyes open slowly, and I smile, sitting my shoes outside of his room and walking over to him.

"Hi Baby" I kneel beside his bed "Mommy's gotta go somewhere tonight but granddad is going to hang out with you again" I grin and he sits up happily, clapping his hands. 

"Okay" He nods happily, and I smile. 

"Hello?" I hear my dad yell.

"We're upstairs" I yell down to him, and soon hear his footsteps coming up the stairs. 

"I hope you don't mind me just walking in, I knocked a few times" 

"No, it's fine, sorry to leave you out there" I stand up, picking Ethan up with me, and placing him on my hip. 

"So, I have left over mac and cheese in the fridge, it's the homemade kind but if he doesn't want that, just order some take out and I'll pay you back, when I get here. Since it's Friday he can stay up a little later but he'll probably still get tired"