The Crown - Part 1

Here's another multi part story 😁

~~~

Two Rival Kingdoms

Two Princes

One Love

~~~

Dan stares out of his bedroom window at the kingdom below. In a few short months he will rule over the Kingdom of Howell and he knew he wasn't ready. Dan wanted to explore but he's been restricted by the war between the Kingdom of Howell and Kingdom of Lester. It was beyond a joke and the only thing Dan knew was that when he became king, the first thing he would do is stop the war.

Dan decides that it's now or never, if he didn't go out now, he would be stuck in this Kingdom forever. He walks out of his room and sneaks out to the barn where his horse, Knight, was being kept. He strapped on his saddle and was off, surprised that nobody tried to go after him or even saw him.

Knight trots in down outside of the Kingdom borders and leads Dan towards a small lake in between the forest. Dan stares at the lake in awe. He knew he wasn't that far out from his Kingdom borders but he was away from the daunting duties of a future king. Knight stops right by the lake and Dan hops off, just staring at the water.

He smiles as he strips to only his boxers and jumps in. It was cold but so refreshing and calming to Dan and he loved it. He was only in for a few minutes until he could spot a figure in the distance in the trees. Dan stays on high alert as he sees a boy about his age walk to the clearing, staring at Dan.

"Who are you?" The boy asks and Dan swims closer.

"I'm Dan." Dan says, not worrying on giving his title. "Who are you?" Dan asks the boy.

"Phil." Phil responds and Dan smiles. "I'm guessing you're from Kingdom of Howell since I've never seen you before." Phil assumes an Dan nods in response.

"And you must be from Kingdom if Lester." Dan says back and Phil nods. "I hope that doesn't have any type of bad blood. I personally find the war to be completely pointless." Dan explains and he sees Phil nod. Dan proceeds to swim to the edge of the lake to hop out.

"I completely agree. Nobody thinks it to be pointless except me and I can't stand to be in that environment for longer than I have to." Phil explains as Dan hops out of the lake.

"I'm glad we're on the same page then. Wanna swim?" Dan asks Phil and Phil smiles at him before nodding.

Dan and Phil swim and talk with each other for hours until they both decided that they had been away from their kingdoms long enough and both say goodbye to each other before going their seperate ways.

~~~