Chapter 13 - Punishment delivered

Simon had finally made his decision and he was going to Folicia. It wasn't just because he had been starting to consider retirement but because he had started to feel needed. The owners of the pets needed him but this was different. The Folician's actually needed his help. Granted what they really needed was his DNA in the form of pregnancies but they really needed his help. How could he pass that up? On top of that they had given him a chance to see new worlds and meet new people.

Part of his decision had also been made when he had woken that morning he had talked to Calm. Seeing all the females he had spent time with either curled up in bed or on the couches and pillows had hit home. They had done that for him. Not just because he had made them pregnant but because he needed the support. It had been then he had really started considering going to Folicia. He would miss his family but they were all doing fine and if needed Simon could go back occasionally.

After Simon had talked to the Captain he had also talked to Speedy and officially accepted her as his Liraque. Before she had simply been a contract Liraque but now she was officially his Liraque. They had a long conversation about what had happened that night. It had helped cement his decision.

What was even better was he didn't even need to go down to earth to finalize any paperwork. That had been taken care of via the enclave on earth. It hadn't taken that long to both sell the clinic and to retire. He had sent a number of messages out as well letting various people he was going on a sabbatical and would contact them eventually.

Since the ship didn't need to go to earth to return him, the transport had just met them in transit. The replacement crew had come aboard. He and all the pregnant females had left. It had been a long flight but eventually they had reached Folicia. Much like they had done with Ray they circled the planet to allow Simon to see the world. That had been as fascinating to Simon as it had been to Ray and his family.

~~~

Ray had to sigh since he had received the message about Simon arriving soon. It wasn't a good time but that wasn't Simon's fault. Sometimes things just happened in their own time. In this case, it had been decided not to announce the arrival of Simon and his females. The world was under enough stress and even though this was a happy issue it would just cause even more emotional reactions. The World Mother had contacted him and given him that information. It was felt that if they gave this information out at this time the world might start thinking the humans were coming to take over.

That information had both made him amused and sad. He didn't have any urge to have any more responsibility than he already had. The idea of taking over the world was so ridiculous he had to laugh. On the other hand, he could vaguely see what she meant. They had arrived, caused more problems than you could shake a stick at and exposed so many problems. The average Folician was going to be in a bad spot for the most part.

Ray collected Gentle and Zantha and quietly headed to the space port. This was going to be difficult, similar to when Gloria arrived, since he had to tell Simon Flitter was dead. Ray knew that Simon had come to care for her a great deal. It was going to be hard but not nearly as hard as when Gloria had arrived. Ray looked at Gentle as they were traveling to the space port, "I know Simon is going to be very upset. I am going to need both of your help to stay calm and comfort him. I might need some comfort as well."

Gentle gave him a good hug before replying, "We expected as much. We will support you Ray and we are here for you." The next few weeks they were going to need to give him all the support he needed. Their heats were starting to be starting soon, added to that was the trials starting up. Ray was going to need all the support possible.