“So..where are we going?” she asks to which she receives only silence as an answer.
“Ade? Where are we going?”
“...You’ll see,” he enigmatically responds.
Sam groans; she hates surprises; she never has the patience for it, “come on Ade! Tell me! Which restaurant are we going to?”
“...We’re not going to a restaurant,” he comments.

Sam’s lips part and her eyebrows scrunch in confusion as she tries to figure out where the hell they’re going then. Where else would be fancy enough for them to dress up so much? Where...Oh fuck! No! No! The bastard! He fucking tricked her!
“Pull over,” she hisses, “Pull over right now, Adrian Carter, or so help me God, I will fucking castrate you!”

Adrian just rolls his eyes and forces himself not to glance across at his fuming mate. Something about her being all angry and hot has him wanting to fuck the fury out of her and with her being dressed the way she is, the temptation would only be enhanced.
“Don’t be so melodramatic. You’ll be fine. I just don’t understand why you would feel so strongly about something so insignificant.”

Sam blinks her eyes to stop the hot tears pricking at them. Of course, someone like him wouldn’t know why she’d hate huge social events like that. Not when he’d be the centre of attention; loved by all. God, she can still remember her awful Senior Prom. The last ever big social event she was forced to go to when living under the thumb of her parents. Not only did she spend the night near the back, ignored by most of the school but then at the end of it, the disgusting punch was tipped all over her.
Shaking away the memory she reminds herself it’s in the past, and if anyone tried that again with her, she’d break their fucking wrists.

“...I can’t believe you’d do this-”
“I just don’t understand what the issue is, Sam? Either enlighten me or stop this childish nonsense,” he scolds.
Sam inhales sharply and smoothes her facial expression.
“Fine.”
“Fine?” echoes Adrian.
“Yes, fine. Since you’re not going to let me out until we get there, I guess I can’t do anything but attend,” she icily clips. He glances over at her but his own stubbornness matches hers, and as such he does not bother giving a reply.

As they pull into the Town Hall, decorated to the nines for the night, Adrian pulls back Sam by her forearm as she’s about to get out.
“Can we just try and have a night without incidents?” he asks imply she would make a scene to get revenge on him and that just causes Sam’s eyes to blaze with more anger.
“That depends on you, Adrian. And if we ever do have a future after this just know; I don’t take kindly to being manipulated.”
With that she tears her arm away and forces on a pleasant smile as she exits the vehicle. Adrian lets out a short sigh before doing the same.
After handing the keys to the young valet boy, he slips makes his way over to his mate. His hand rests against the skin of her exposed lower back and the smooth feel of it, causes a surge of lust in him. His composure starts to slip a little but he remembers that there are local news reporters and as such he has to stifle his desire.

They stop on their way into the entrance for a few photographs with the local news reporters and all the while, Adrian is conscious of his mate’s body stiff against his own. He’s overcome with bafflement when a wriggling sensation of regret crawls into his heart, making it feel like lead. Adrian glances over at Sam and the feeling intensifies. Mentally sighing, he realises he’s done wrong but like always apologizing to her seems like it would be an antagonising ordeal.

As they walk into the foyer and their coats are taken, Adrian knows he cannot go the whole night with this feeling, so with a stifled smile, he directs his mate into a quiet corner.
“Sam, I’m...I’m sorry,” he sighs looking directly at her so she knows he’s sincere. Her eyes soften at his apology and she knows it mustn’t be easy for him to admit when he’s wrong. Were it anyone else Sam knows she’d make them grovel for her forgiveness, but with Adrian, somewhere in her, Sam knows she’s already forgiven him. But that doesn’t mean that she can’t make him suffer a little; a small smirk appears on her face as she thinks of how she could get him back.