Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Sam grits her teeth harder against the stupid gag. Her legs are cramping, her arms are cramping and even her jaw is aching. But at least after this, she can go home and curl up in bed. Stupid, Adrian Carter. Why could he not just have given her an old-fashioned telling off, and be done with it. Not even a warning. And she would have argued, fought him, however she has no shadow of a doubt Adrian would stick to his word and call her team to drag her into jail.
Minutes feel like hours and hours later, a beep sounds, signalling the release of her punishment.

Ade is shocked when the timer goes off, unable to believe it’s gone so fast. He still hasn’t come to a decision on how to break it to her-that she needs to carry his child. An ‘accidental’ pregnancy is out of the question, especially seeing as how she could easily do something to sabotage his plans. No, he’ll have to make sure that she sticks to it and gives him his child.
For that he’ll need a contract. And before he can draw up this contract, he needs to unbind his mate.

Sam glances up as he wordlessly crouches down to her height beside her. Taking the bonds off her, he helps her stand.

“So can I go now, Sir?” she asks sarcastically slipping on her shoes and wiping the corners of her lips.
Although Sam says it sarcastically, Ade can’t help the jolt of excitement he feels hearing her address him in such manner.
“Yes but...We need to meet,” he calmly states leaning against his desk and crossing his arms.
“What for?” retorts Sam. She doesn’t want to see him any more than necessary and right now seeing him at all isn’t necessary.
“I have a proposal that I believe you’ll be interested in that can be mutually beneficial; as in you get what you want and I’ll get what I want,” he states.
“And what do you think I want from you?” she snorts.
“You want to be rid of me. You want me to forget the whole mate bond, forget about you and you want to go on your way, right Princess?” a smirk forms on his beautifully carved features.
Sam flinches slightly at his words-he’d got it all so spot on.
“Right. I mean, yes. Yes, that’s exactly what I want from you,” she nods in agreement.
“I anticipated as much. So how about a meeting at lunch to discuss this further?” he suggests although coming from him it sounds more like a command, as all words from him are.
“...Fine. Text me the details,” sighs Sam running a hand through her hair and then suddenly remembering that she has the collar on. Reaching around her she starts unbuckling it as Adrian starts speaking.
“Wait, how are you getting home?” he asks stunning Sam. She blinks her eyes at him, unable to quite believe that he’s actually concerned about her safe return back to the apartment.
“I don’t know, a cab, probably,” shrugs Sam stroking her neck after having taken the collar off.
“At this time of night? To your neighbour- I mean, don’t bother. I’ll give you a lift,” he declares, reaching in his pocket for his keys. Although he has Cain, his driver; Cain’s a senior man and Ade usually allows him to leave after 10 at night.
“What? No, it’s fine! I’m fine! You don’t-”
“It’s a car ride. Don’t argue with me on something so trivial,” expresses Ade with a roll of his eyes.

He strides past Sam and out of the door, as she follows behind glaring at his broad stupid perfect back. For a brief second they flash down that sexy back to his backside and what a nice rear it is, she notes. A cheeky pinch of that wouldn’t be too bad, she muses with arousal. And she could definitely wrap her thighs tight around that narrow waist, maybe dig her fingers into that broad muscular back and...Christ,snap out of it Sam! She tells herself. If she’s having these kind of fantasies, she really does need to get laid and soon!

“Are you going to stand there all night? Or are you getting in?” he asks in a bored tone as he holds the door to the sleek Mercedes open for her.
Sam manages to snap herself out of it and wordlessly slides into the cool cream, leather seats. As she slumps into the seat she realises with surprise that she’s actually exhausted. The long day and night really has taken it out of her and she can’t wait to crawl into her large comfortable bed. Although it would be whole lot nicer if there was someone to share that bed with her. Woefully she peeks a glance to her side as she hears the driver door closing. Of course, she’d also be stuck with a hard ass, cold-hearted bastard as a mate because as Sam’s learnt fate’s a bloody bitch.