Chapter 8

Bellamy, Murphy, Harper and Clarke ventured further into the woods. They hadn't come across any other groups yet which was either a good or a bad thing.

"We're ten minutes in," announced Murphy, looking at his watch.

"We should be," Bellamy started but stopped as he saw a sign, "in acid fog zone soon," he continued.

The sign read - Mount Weather territory.

"Allright," Bellamy said turning to the group, "we need to make sure we are close to available cover at all times."

Bellamy spoke too soon as a horn blarred.

"Take cover!" they heard someone shout.

Murphy took off straight away, running towards a thick tree line he'd spotted.

Harper found a hollow tree, in which there was only room for one.

Clarke looked around bewildered. Where was she supposed to go?

Bellamy was still standing out in the open as well, susing out where to go.

Clarke caught herself looking at him, "How could he stay so calm" she thought to herself.

"Quick," Bellamy said to her, as he began to run further into the woods, the opposite direction to where Murphy and Harper had gone.

Clarke and Bellamy ran through thick woodland and uneven terrain, untill they came across a large cave.

"I couldn't remember where this place was," he told Clarke, sitting down on the floor.

"When did you find it?" She asked sitting down as well.

"About five years ago me and some friends spent the night under the stars and then it started to rain, and we found this as shelter."

"I'd love to spend a night under the stars," she told Bellamy.

They sat in silence for a while listening to hear when the acid fog was going to strike. Bellamy told her that sometimes it could be up to ten minutes after the alarm has sounded.

It took Clarke a while to realise how close the two of them were sitting. Bellamy's knee was resting on Clarke's thigh, and she could feel the air move as he breathed.

"Did you manage to not text Finn back?" he asked her.

Clarke was shocked, he'd remembered and brought it up in conversation, that must mean he was somewhat interested in her love life, she hadn't even mentioned it.

"Yeah.. I've deleted him from my contacts," she told him.

They sat in silence again for a further few minutes.

"Listen," he told her.

Clarke did. The sound of a small cannon firing echoed through the air.

Bellamy pulled Clarke forward to the opening of the cave holding her hand.

The sky suddenly turned orange, the moonlight reflected of in beautifully, casting delicate orange shadows around the cave.

Bellamy looked at Clarke and Clarke looked at Bellamy. They held this eye contact.

"What are you doing" Clarke thought to herself. She hardly knew this guy she needed to look away before this got anymore awkward.

"Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself" Bellamy thought to himself, but he couldn't look away from her.

Clarke managed to look back to the orange sky, which was slowly fading. She felt Bellamy's eyes on her as she stated out into the night.

Yay, two chapters in one day again! Thank you for reading please remember to vote and comment.