Michael came close and just before he could put his hand on her shoulder, she slapped it away. "Don't touch me Michael." She said walking away from him, as she watched him she saw Devon in him and she felt sick.

"I, I, I didn't know Mani, I really didn't." He said feeling upset at the way she was edging away from him. He was now aware of the pain he had resurrected within her life. The pain of love, the worst pain, when the one person you thought could never hurt you does it but they don't do it in a way which you can bare but a way in which you loose faith in love, in them, in the world.

Imani wiped her tears and left the house before entering her own house, she didn't want to startle Kimani. When she quietly walked in she saw Kimani sitting in the living room watching Television, Imani stood by the door frame and watched her as she watched the moving images on the screen. Her five year old daughter was now 16, she was now growing up, she was no longer her little baby. A tear rolled down her cheek as she went up the stairs to her room.

She locked her door and reached under her bed and brought out a black box filled with pictures from back in the day. As she looked at them she came across one, Kimani, Imani and Devon at Kimani's 5 year old birthday party, November 3rd 2005. Happiness painted this picture, Imani holding Kimani whilst Devon's head was buried in her neck smirking. One of the happiest moments .. before the storm.

Imani's P.O.V, Flashback.

'Behave Devon!" I giggled as he started whispering in my ear.

"You guys are too cute, girl pose." Jamelia said as she snapped a quick picture of us. My happy family. It was small for now but it was gonna get bigger eventually.

"I can't wait to see what's under that dress baby girl." Devon said kissing my neck, causing butterflies to rummage within my body. He was lowkey drunk and all over me, he was a mess but he was mine and that's what mattered the most. He provided and played his part, we weren't perfect but then again who is?

"Mummy, I wanna go and eat the cake now." Kimani said into my ear. My baby girl was the shyest thing on this earth, all these girls and boys and she was latched onto me. She hadn't even said hello to any of the other kids yet and the party was nearly over.

...

I kissed Kimani on the head as she slept, her beautiful curls framed her face and her soft breathes made me a proud mom. She was my pride and joy, my only child. I kissed her again and left and went into the living room where Jameilia, Devon, Michael and Natasha where chilling in the living room as I walked in.

"Come baby girl." Devon said gesturing me over to his chair. His legs spread wide enough for me to sit down on his lap. I walked over and sat on his lap as he held me close.

"Get a room." Natasha said rolling her eyes whilst she smirked at us. I loved this girl, she was always there to talk on something and make it into a joke, she was always there to brighten the mood. No matter how good or bad a problem was, she was down to talk and make you feel better. We both had our kids around the same time, she before me, a month apart, so we were close in terms of age, views and things like that.

"Well you guys can get up and out of my flat then, bye." I said pulling everybody out of their seats and pushing them towards the door.

"Really, why didn't you just kick Tasha out, why did we all have to suffer." Michael asked shaking his head. I laughed and closed the door as they left. As soon as I locked the door Devon crept up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So what about this dress situation Imani." Devon said rubbing my body and tracing my curves with his hands. "You gonna take it off?" He asked as he began to suck on my neck.