Chapter 13.

Thousands of people loose their lives to depression and other mental health problems every year, please don't loose yours. Seek help, talk to a friend, a specialist, write in a diary, sing a song, draw/paint something, play a sport but don't let it grind you down.

Depression is no joke and neither is a life, if you know someone who suffers from depression, don't call them stupid, white, extra, dumb or any other negative terms. Help them, help them not only keep their happiness but their lives.

UK : call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

OR : Papyrus Charity : 0800 068 41 41

I understand talking to outside sources isn't always the answer but remember, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.

You even have me, no joke, I'm here to help, but I'm not a specialist just a good listener, with some good advice to give.

The Media link I posted is, in my opinion, THE BEST visual representation of depression and anxiety in one, without being cringy or over the top. Thank you Demetrius (MEECHONMARS) and the other social media stars who helped him create the short movie.

...

Love.

Kimani's P.O.V

Tuesday, 4:30pm, Kimani's House.

It's been nearly a week since I spoke to Christian and Tristian hasn't been in all his lessons like he usually does and sometimes he'll leave for an 'emergency.' I've never been to Christian's house so I wouldn't be able to even go and check on him the way he checked on me. I knew it was most probably nothing too bad, he was most probably busy doing something I guess or maybe he went with his mom on a business trip, I don't know what it could be but he wasn't here is all I knew. My homework was now done and I was going to go over to Jermaine's house to chill with he and his 'girl' Delora.

Every time I'm with them to third wheel I feel as though she wants to choke me, like I'm cockblocking her but I'm really just tryna chill with them. I pulled the string on my joggers and then left them to hang loose as I slipped on my sliders. I left a note on the table before I left just in case my mom was worried about where I was. After locking the door I turned around and made my way to Jermaine's house, the 1 minute walk across the street made everything better, if I forgot something it was a 30 second pivot back to my house. Benefits of living right next to your bestfriend. YUP. I knocked on the door and waited for the door to be opened for me.

"Ohh, Hi Kimani Jermaine is upstairs using the toilet do you want me to tell him you came?" Delora asked opening the door with a lowkey attitude. Tell him he came? Bitch .. get the fuck out. What was she on about, I know Jermaine told her I was gonna be coming over, if you get Jermaine you get me, same way if you get me you get JJ, bitch boop.

"Naah, I came over to watch movies with you guys, come on girl didn't he tell you?" I asked walking straight into the house, heading for the living room. I knew she had just rolled her eyes as she sighed following behind me.

"Oh, I thought that was next week Tuesday my bad." She said as she sat down on the two seater sofa, waiting for JJ to come down I guess. Gurrrrl byee, you knew, you just didn't want to remember. Next week head ass. I didn't want to have problems with her but I didn't want to be disrespected either, plus I've only known her for about a week now and I dont know how her personality was, this could be her normal personality towards people and she may not even know shes coming off as a bitch.

"Mani!" JJ yelled as he came over to hug me. We hugged and sat down in our places, me on the single couch and he under Delora.

The whole movie session wasn't too bad other than the fact that Delora kept looking back at me as if I had somewhere to go. Girl if you don't. I really wanted to enjoy the evening but she was making it really hard for me to do so, it was as if she saw me as competition which was crazy, she's perfection, she's like the girls Chris Brown puts in his music videos. Hispanic, long thick brown hair, short, 'thick', beautiful but she was worried about me. I on the other hand, African the most violated continent in the world, my hair only reached my bra strap .. barely, okay I was a bit short too but only I had was a bum and hips, not boobs. I had nothing on her and she also got good grades, so why she hated me I don't know but I would never ask cause it could just create problems I didn't want to deal with plus she could not be that bad if JJ is chill with her and I know JJ's dad wouldn't allow her over with an attitude.