Chapter 17: A Chance?

Start from the beginning

"Ne oppa. Gomawo."

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

I frown when I heard no response from the inside. I open Cheri's room, but no one is there. I feel nervous.

"Miss, excuse me, where is the patient in room 508?"

"For a while miss." The nurse flips the record. "What is your relationship to her miss?"

"I am her daughter. Where is she?" I ask with full of worries.

"She has a schedule for chemotherapy today miss. She must be in the chemo room."

"Thank you so much for that miss."

I quickly look for the chemo room. I see her sitting on a chair alone while waiting for her turn. She looks so pale.

"Eomma..." I wipe my tears when I sit beside her. I see her surprised yet happy face when she sees me. "You did not tell me you have a schedule for chemotheraphy today. I was so worried when I couldn't find you in your room." I hug her tightly.

"Aigoo, I thought you are mad at me." She looks at me with tears on her face.

I wipe it. "Aniyo. I can't be mad to the woman who gave life to me. I know, you are expecting me to feel that way, but I already know what really happened, so I understand it eomma."

She rubs my hair. "I am happy that you grow with such loving, kind and forgiving heart dear."

I smile. "Eomma, I have something to tell you. I—I am already 4 months pregnant." I hold her hand and bring it to my slightly bloated tummy.

I can see the smile forming on her face. "I am so happy for you Eun Jae! And... I will be a grandma soon!"

"He is a baby boy eomma. And that is why you have to get well soon so that we can take care of him together, arasseo?"

"Ne. Ne. Who is his father?"

I bite my lower lips when I heard the question. Thank God she is called so that I don't have to answer her right away.

"Hwaiting eomma." I give her a big hug.

"I'll get well soon, knowing that you are here by my side Eun Jae." She whispers it to my ears.

"You have to rest eomma."

I pat her bed lightly when she keeps on sitting on the couch. She wants to talk with me about a lot of things.

"Aigoo, let me know what is going on with your life after what happened to that sad event."

"You have to rest first eomma. I promise, I will visit you here tomorrow and we will talk about a lot of things. I will sleep here too." I kiss her forehead after she lays down on her bed.

"You'll do?"

"Ne... I am sorry if I can't stay here today, eomma. You know..."

"Gwenchana, you don't have to oblige yourself."

"But eomma, I am just worried, arasseo? Knowing you have this kind of sickness and you are just alone."

"I will be fine, I promise."

I nod. "Promise me that you will get well soon. I have so many plans for us. Let's go to the places you want to go eomma, ne?"

I see her nodding with tears on her face. "I love you so much Eun Jae."

"I love you too eomma." I wait for her to fall asleep before I decided to go home.

I frown when I receive a message from Jinki, inviting me to their dorm at that night.

When I get to Soo Young's place, I show the message to him.

"Should I go there oppa?" I bite my lower lip. "Or, maybe not?"

He pats my head. "Ya, maybe this is a good sign. You should go now. Maybe he wants to reconcile with you." Soo Young squeals.

"But oppa, as you can see... Why this sudden? If he wants to reconcile with me, then why invite me instead of coming here?"

"Ya, ya, ya... I am going to pat your head if you won't stop. He must be up to something okay?" Soo Young pulls my hands to make me stand. "Now go and prepare yourself for the meet up."

"Tssk. Arasseo." I walk to my room and follow his suggestion. I bring with me his coat.

"Ready?"

"Of course oppa." I beam a smile. Soo Young volunteers to drive me to their dorm.

"Good luck Eun Jae."

"Aish." I hiss. "Gomawo."

I count one to five to ease away my tension. I am feeling nervous. My hands are also shaky. I puff an air before I knock on the door.

I hold my breath when the door beeps indicating that someone is opening it from the inside.