forty-three

Start from the beginning

"Tris, we know his name, we've all known him since we were little. He just asked us to start calling him Four in third grade and we went along with it," Chris tells me, and I half smile.
"Anyway, I'll be there. New York sounds like so much fun."

"Yeah I'll be there too, and I'll see if Zeke can come so Tobias won't be alone," Shauna says.

"Great," I reply.

"Sorry I have school, and it was kinda hard to get out of there this weekend, so I don't know about two weeks in a row," Mar mentions.

"Yeah same," Lynn responds, shrugging.

"That's okay. We'll miss you but it'll be fun," I say.
𖥸  𖥸  𖥸  𖥸  𖥸

It's now the next weekend, and we made it to New York City yesterday afternoon

It's now the next weekend, and we made it to New York City yesterday afternoon. I went to dinner with Tobias, Mom, Aunt Rebecca, Gramma (my mom's mom, who I was very close to as a child living in Portland, but we kinda grew apart once we moved to Chicago) Christina, Will, Shauna, and Zeke. We had a full table at Le Bernardin last night, and we stayed there basically until it closed.

Anywho, today is my wedding dress appointment at Kleinfeld! I am so freaking excited, I have been waiting for this since I was ten and started watching Say Yes to the Dress. That was one of my all time favorite shows as a child, and I still love it today.

Once I get out of bed and take a shower, I put on black skinny jeans with rips at the knees, a gray super soft and comfy turtleneck (btw I usually hate turtlenecks but this is an exception) and black heeled booties. I blow dry my hair and then straighten it. My makeup today is simple a natural, nothing too over the top.

"Babe I gotta head out now, I'll be back in a few hours," I say to Tobias as I walk out of the bathroom and pick my leather jacket up from the bed. He puts his phone and scoots to the edge of the bed.

"Okay," Tobias replied, pulling me onto his lap after I put the jacket on.

"Okay?" I giggle, wrapping my arms around him. "Don't you dare Augustus Waters me." He laughs to and presses his lips to mine. I kiss back, never wanting to leave his arms. But, unfortunately I have to. "Alright, babe. I gotta go, I'll see you later."

I stand up and grab my purse before leaning down to kiss him again and then heading out the door. I meet Mom, Grandma, Aunt Rebecca, Christina, and Shauna a block away from the hotel for some coffee before we head to Kleinfeld's.

As soon as we walk through the doors, we're greeted with a girl with blonde hair and a wide smile.

"Hi there, do you have an appointment?" the girl asks cheerfully.