Chapter Eight

Casey and Kellin had continued joking around, getting to know each other. Casey noticed began to tell Kellin a little bit about him self, learning that Kellin also went to his high school. It made him realize how oblivious he actually was to the students at school. Everyone over shadowed by the rich and popular, everyone without a high status becoming a just another regular student. Kellin came from money, and alot of it, but his family didn't like exploiting their riches. Him and Casey were both the same age as well. His family lived in more quiet section of Tacoma, on their own land. He drove himself to school everyday, being that as soon as he turned 16, he went and got his license. He had one sister, who was a senior at school, and they were super close. He was invested in school, but not to the point where he cared about his GPA, he just wanted to pass, and go into the real world. 

Casey had been sucked into the real world earlier though.

In turn, Casey told him small snippets of his life, leaving in more of the good then the ugly. He told him all of hobbies, and funny, embarrassing moments. That he liked playing piano and singing, but more on his own time. He could draw, but rather not, since it made him bored. He didn't bring up his lack of money and his missing siblings. He didn't mention all of the problems that he had retained and had encountered. He told all the happy things, all the good things. From his first dance, which ended horribly, since his date threw up on him, because someone spiked the punch. To the time when he and his friends broke into the queen B's house in middle school, to catch her making out with her boyfriend, which lead to her boyfriend trying to escape out the window that they had climbed through previously. Kellin was laughing like crazy, he just couldn't contain himself, causing Casey to laugh along with him. 

They had been joking around for a while, the sun starting to dip and the clouds rolling in, signalling that it would rain soon. They had been in their own little world, sitting under one of the cherry blossom trees, by the water. Casey knew that he had to go home soon, since he and Kellin both had school again tomorrow, and it was only Wednesday.

But he didn't want it to be over, not yet...  

But the wants and wishes don't always come true, and he couldn't avoid the inevitable.

Kellin reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone, glancing at it, only to sigh. He looked over at Casey, or more somber expression on his face. It made Casey sadden slightly, knowing what that sigh entailed. Kellin looked one more time, out at the water, and then back at Casey, smiling a little bit. 

"Casey...I got to go home, since I've been out here a while" he said, his smile fading a little bit.

"Kellin, it's okay, we can go, I've got to get home too" Casey said, smiling back a little bit too.

"Okay" he replied, before getting up, brushing his pants off, which had blossom's on them.

Casey got up too, his heart dropping a little, since he had been having a good time with Kellin. He had been laughing, his heart pounding, and he didn't even know why. Was it because he was talking to Kellin? What was it? ...He didn't even know himself. He definitely didn't want to go home, not back to silence. 

But he had no choice.

Kellin began walking out from the under the tree, looking back, waiting for Casey. Casey quickly picked up his bag and got up, speed walking to catch up with him. They began walking out of the park, so that they both could go home.

"Do you want a ride home? I can drop you off on my way home. Where do you live?" Kellin asked.

"Um, I live pretty close by, so I can walk" Casey replied, feeling apprehensive about Kellin taking him home.