Chapter 2 (Edited)

Chapter 2

The sound of my alarm clock buzzing was able to disturb me enough to wake up. Surely it couldn't be morning but, sadly I had to face the truth that it was. I looked over at the clock it read Six Thirty. I took a quick shower and hurriedly changed into the clothes that I laid out the night before. I put my hair up into its normal ponytail, and I was all ready for the day! I was still exhausted since I wasn't used to waking up so early since the last school year, but I guess I have to get used to it now. I grabbed my bag that was laying on the floor and also my schedule I must not forget that. That would be bad if I left it at home. I jogged down the stairs and was greeted by one of our servants, Maria.

"Good morning Kelly." She says Politely.

"Good morning Maria." I gave her a smile. I've known Maria since I was a baby, she was the one who took care of me.

"Would you like to have some breakfast dear?" I thought about it but it was still early and I didn't have school for a while, but I don't want to stay in the house any longer.

"No thank you Maria. I'm just going to grab something on the way to school." I started to walk over to the front door.

"Okay dear, would you like me to call a car to pick you up?" I hate it when a car comes to pick me up it's horrible, I just want to be free.

"No thank you, I think I will just take my bike today. See ya." I waved my hand in the air walking out the door. I went to the side of the house where my red bike was leaning against the wall covered with a tarp so it won't get destroyed by the elements. I hopped on and rode down the street looking around passing a few houses till I reached the more active part of town where there were a few stores around. I stopped at the little market place to get a drink so that i would have something to drink throughout the day and I also bought myself a muffin so i would have something to munch on before heading off to school. There is a small cafe right next to the market so i just sat on the bench outside and ate my muffin while playing around on my phone. I was looking through some post on Instagram since I really haven't been on for a while my feed was filled with K-pop idols that I enjoyed listening to and of course a few celebs. It felt as if hours passed by. I looked at the time realizing that I was going to be late to school. I almost choked on what was left of my muffin and quickly got up grabbing my bike and riding as fast as I could to the school.

Once I got there, I got my bikes chain from my bag and locked it onto the bike rail. I ran all the way to my first class.

"Sorry I'm late," I apologize while walking up to Ms. Davis class.

"Well hello Ms. Vasquez, nice to see you. You can take a seat wherever."

I walked to the very back of the class and sat down. Ms. Davis smiled and announced, "Today we're not going to be doing any work..." The class cheered.

"but we are going to go around the class and introduce ourselves. Say your name, and say one fact about yourself." At that, the class booed.

"It's not that bad, guys! Let's get started." She shouted over the booing

"Jake Cole." A boy in the front of the class stood up at the sound of his name.

"Hi I'm Jake and I like hot girls."

Ms. Davis frowns at his comment. "Jake, if you don't want to stay after school with me then I suggest you act more maturely in my class."

I rolled my eyes at his comment and started to daydream when I heard my name being called.

"Kelly Vasquez." I stood up.

"Hi I'm Kelly and I like to read." That was simple enough- nothing like Jake's comment.