An explosive crack tore through the air and the back window shattered. Salma screamed, horrified. Another shot hit the car. Zayn cursed out loud. He immediately reached out for her, making her duck.

"Down, now!" Zayn shouted, "Put your head down!"

Everything became a chaotic mix for Salma. It was just a terrifying mix of shots getting fired, people screaming to take cover, tires screeching and the honking of the horn. She was a crying mess, gasping for breath, her hands covered her ears trying to block out the terrifying sounds.

"Dammit!"

Salma screamed as her balled-up body shot out of her seat towards the dashboard. Zayn gripped the steering wheel, aghast. A toddler had shot out of nowhere in front of the car. While the panicked mum picked up the child, Zayn was only able to glance towards Salma to see if she was hurt by the impact with the dashboard. A shot exploded the air with a blast. Before he knew it, Zayn had already rammed on the gas pedal again.

Salma swerved to the right as Zayn turned sharply to avoid hitting a blue car that was blocking his path. Zayn was barely holding on to his calm. With the guns continuously aiming bullets at his car, he tried his best to stay focused, as he sped and zig-zagged, trying to make it hard for the shooters to take him out. Zayn heaved a sigh of relief when he turned to the main highway.

His phone started ringing again.

"Alex! What the hell is this?!" Zayn yelled.

"Don't slow down! My team just saw them load the blue corolla you passed by and it turned to the main highway."

"Oh, So it's a damn chase now?!" Zayn barked.

"I'm trying to get a plan on the ground to give you a window, but for now, it's all on you!

"How fu-reaking beautiful?!" Zayn said through gritted teeth, checking for a blue car in his rearview mirror.

"Listen, I know you're freaked out but-

"Freaked out?! You're kidding me, right?!" Zayn shouted, as he switched lanes. "I have a few freaking murderers on my tail, Alexandra!"

"Just keep a calm head, Zayn, it's impo --!"

A bullet hit the car, making Zayn duck for cover. He heard the roaring engine of a racer bike. Stepping on the gas, Zayn took a look in his side mirror to see the glaring headlights of a bike drawing close. The man behind the rider raised his hand and took aim. Zayn ducked and swerved the car to the left sharply to avoid his head or the tires receiving the bullet.

"- okay, so I know -"

"No, you don't know shit!" Zayn snapped, "Bee almost died because you thought you knew what you were doing. She could still -"

"Zayn, listen to me --"

"There is a bloody racer bike involved!" Zayn yelled. "Did you know that, Miss Wickfield?!"

"What --?"

"To hell with you, Alex!" Zayn growled into the phone, watching his death approach on two wheels, "I never signed up for this shit!"

"Wait, Zayn --"

Cutting the call, Zayn sank lower to avoid getting shot and weighed his options. He knew he could outrun the car. The worn out, old trash was no match for his ride, but there was no way he could lose the bike behind. Zayn took a few more sharp turns, weaving in and out of the traffic, trying to make it hard for the bikers to take a good aim at him. He watched in the sideview mirror as the bike started catching up on him. Lighter, smaller and faster, the two-wheeler had less problem maneuvering through traffic then Zayn did.

Lostजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें