The End of Time, Part One

Start from the beginning

"You will join. You will join." They said in unison as they placed sown their second brain and held hands. "You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join. You will join." The Time Lords followed holdong hands with each other and the Ood on either side of them. Suddenly a face they knew very well appeard in their minds laughing. They quickly let go of the Ood amd the Doctor pulled the Stone to his chest.

"He comes to us every night." The Elder explained. "I think all the peoples of the universe dream of him now."

"That man is dead." The Stone looked at them.

"There is yet more. Join us. Events are taking shape. So many years ago, and yet changing the now. There is a man."

The Doctor looked at the Stone who slowly nodded taking his hand again and the Oods other. The Master appeard laughing once more before it changed to an image of Wilfrred looking tense and scared sitting at a kitchen table.

"So scared."

"Wilfred." The Stone said. "Is he all right?"

"What about Donna, is she safe?" The Doctor quickly added.

"You should not have delayed, for the lines of convergence are being drawn across the Earth." The Elder Ood continued. "Even now, the king is in his Counting house." The image then showed a black man who looked quite rich posing with his daughter for a photograph.

"We don't know who they are." The Doctor said.

"And there is another." The Odd continued. "The most lonely of all, lost and forgotten."

"The Master's wife." The Stone muttered as they let go still holding each other hands but no longer the Oods

"We see so much, but understand little." Sigma looked at them. "The woman in the cage, who is she?"

"She was... It wasn't her fault, she was... The Master, he's a Time Lord, like us. I can show you." He took the Oods hand again showing them what happend in the year that never was as the Stone gently rubbed his arm. "The Master took the name of Saxon. He married a human, a woman called Lucy. And he corrupted her." He explained. "She stood at his side while he conquered the Earth. I reversed everything he'd done so it never even happened, but Lucy Saxon remembered. I held him in my arms. I burnt his body. The Master is dead."

"And yet, you did not see." He replied.

"What's that?" He asked. It then showed a woman picking up the Maatera aignet ring.

"Part of him survived." He looked at the Stone clutching her hand. "We have to go!"

"But something more is happening, Doctor." The Elder said making both the Time Lords stop looking at the Ood who held red eyes. "The Master is part of a greater design, because a shadow is falling over creation. Something vast is stirring in the dark. The Ood have gained this power to see through time, because time is bleeding. Shapes of things once lost are moving through the veil, and these events from years ago threaten to destroy this future, and the present, and the past."

"What do you mean?" The Stone frowned.

"This is what we have seen, Doctor, Stone. The darkness heralds only one thing."

"The end of time itself."

The Doctor and the Stone slowly backed up then spun around running as fast as they could through the snow to get to the TARDIS. The Doctor raised the key and unlocked the door both of them running inside putting the TARDIS in flight and placing the Coordinates for the Prison. "He's still alive." The Stone muttered shaking her head as they ran around the TARDIS which began to spark. The TARDIS reached its destination and they ran outside to see the ruins of the prison. "And I thought he was actually gone this time." She shook her head staring at the ruins. "I should have known better."